If I help my father get citizenship...can I then apply too?
If I help my father get citizenship...can I then apply too?
I read somewhere that if your Grandfather was born in Italy that means my Father may apply for citizenship in Italy. Would it then be possible for him to apply his citizenship to me? I am already 38 y.o. is it too late? Fingers crossed....
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: If I help my father get citizenship...can I then apply t
You can apply for Italian citizenship provided nobody in the direct (male in your case) line has ever renounced their Italian citizenship through naturalization. Did your grandfather become an American citizen? If so, was it after his son (whom you stated in another post was born in The USA) was born?
If your grandfather became a citizen of The USA before the birth of his son, then you would not be eligible for Italian Citizenship.
If your grandfather became a citizen of The USA before the birth of his son, then you would not be eligible for Italian Citizenship.
