Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
My ancestors, name is Virelli, came from Ferrandina, Italy. There is only one listed on the paginebianche website. In the nearby town of Stigliano, there are many with that name. What are the chances that they are related? What do you think?
Thanks,
Natalie1
Hi Natalie. Both Biff and I can speak from experience. We have both done this. We wrote to potential relatives and have even gotten a few responses and some answers to some questions. I highly recommend doing this. It can be time consuming, but also can be a lot of fun. Here's a link to a site that can help with writing letters to potential cousins if you don't know Italian. I use it all the time.
Gina501 wrote:Hi Natalie. Both Biff and I can speak from experience. We have both done this. We wrote to potential relatives and have even gotten a few responses and some answers to some questions. I highly recommend doing this. It can be time consuming, but also can be a lot of fun. Here's a link to a site that can help with writing letters to potential cousins if you don't know Italian. I use it all the time.
Awesome, Gina! Thanks alot! At first thought I was apprehensive, but now I think it will be exciting! I won't find any answers if I just back & do nothing, right?!
exactly...you need to write. Worst case scenario is no one answers. But I had a few and they even went so far as to go and search out records for me. It was great!
Gina
Searching for surnames Ignazio, Graziano, Trella, Del Principe, Biani, Subrizi, Della Valle
Good luck! Let us know what happens. And remember, it takes a while for your letter to get there. And then it takes a while for their letter to get back so don't get discouraged too soon. But do provide an email address so they have that option also. That's how my relatives correspond.
Gina
Searching for surnames Ignazio, Graziano, Trella, Del Principe, Biani, Subrizi, Della Valle
I actually have done this as well (using the white pages to contact potential cousins) and I have also had great success. I also sent a copy of the photo that I had and I was lucky enough to find first cousins!!! I've visited them twice in Sicily so far.
Good luck...just be patient and send as much info as possible (especially pictures!!)