I just found out that my Grandfather who was born in treia, Italy but moved to argentina never did become argentine citizen, i'm waiting for his birth certificate coming from italy. What other records do I need? do I need his death certificate? My father was born in argentina, and I was born in the united states. do I need certificates of my dad and me as well, and do I need any marriage certificates also? this is all from my paternal line.
thanks for the help.
italian citizenship
- ChrisMosca
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13
italian citizenship
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
- gmontanaro
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 00:00
Re: italian citizenship
Here are some required documents from the consulate website of NY (http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/Consol ... tadinanza/)
- your grandfather’s birth certificate;
- your grandfather's marriage certificate;
- your grandfather's death certificate, if it applies;
- your father’s birth certificate;
- your parents’ marriage certificate;
- your birth certificate;
- your grandfather’s naturalization certificate or a letter from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service stating that he was naturalized AFTER your father's birth or your grandfather’s Italian passport and his Alien Registration Card.
--------------------------------------------------------
The last item I am unsure of. Being that your Grandfather emigrated to Argentina rather that the US. Where was your Father born?
Also, you will need to get the exemplified (long-form) copies of all these documents along with an apostille (the international equivalent of a notary). And depending on which consulate you go to, you'll have to have some or all of them translated into Italian.
Good luck!
- your grandfather’s birth certificate;
- your grandfather's marriage certificate;
- your grandfather's death certificate, if it applies;
- your father’s birth certificate;
- your parents’ marriage certificate;
- your birth certificate;
- your grandfather’s naturalization certificate or a letter from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service stating that he was naturalized AFTER your father's birth or your grandfather’s Italian passport and his Alien Registration Card.
--------------------------------------------------------
The last item I am unsure of. Being that your Grandfather emigrated to Argentina rather that the US. Where was your Father born?
Also, you will need to get the exemplified (long-form) copies of all these documents along with an apostille (the international equivalent of a notary). And depending on which consulate you go to, you'll have to have some or all of them translated into Italian.
Good luck!