Hello!
I have several families I'm looking for, all from which I am descended, but I guess I'll start with my mother's family. I'm looking for a Mateo Dal Bianco, married to Caterina Zampieri. They are my great- great grandparents. Their son was Bortolo Dal Bianco, and he resided in Vicenza. I'd like any information as to who Mateo and Caterina's parents were, as I am building a family tree.
Thank you all!
Dal Bianco
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Dal Bianco
Hi Itadescent and welcome to the forum.
Maybe you can give a few more details. Do you know the comune (town) Mateo and Caterina were from? Did they come to the US and if so about what year did they come? Do you know the approximate birth years for them and/or for their children? Can you give us the names of all their children and approximate birth years? If they came to the US where did they settle?
Bortolo resided in Vicenza, is that the comune of Vicenza or the province of Vicenza? If the province we will need to figure out which comune.
VICENZA, province: Vicenza - region: Veneto
The more details you can give the easier it will be for people to help out.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Maybe you can give a few more details. Do you know the comune (town) Mateo and Caterina were from? Did they come to the US and if so about what year did they come? Do you know the approximate birth years for them and/or for their children? Can you give us the names of all their children and approximate birth years? If they came to the US where did they settle?
Bortolo resided in Vicenza, is that the comune of Vicenza or the province of Vicenza? If the province we will need to figure out which comune.
VICENZA, province: Vicenza - region: Veneto
The more details you can give the easier it will be for people to help out.
Regards,
Elizabeth
- Italdescent
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 05:37
Re: Dal Bianco
Thanks, Elizabeth
The comune was Chiampo, in the province of Vicenza. I actually don't know much about Caterina and Mateo, because my grandfather knows so little. I do know that they had 11 children, 5 of which survived to adulthood: Maria, Giana, Francisco, Pio, Bortolo, and Giovanni. Giovanni was a priest in Brescia (comune)
I know Bortolo was born in 1911, and died in 1982. His son, my grandfather, is named Luigi (he's still alive). My grandfather actually immigrated to Brazil with my great-grandparents, around the time of WWII. Bortolo had 5 children, Gianfranco, Antonio, Luigi (my grandfather), Dino, and Caterina. Bortolo's wife's name was Rina Faedo from Chiampo, born in 1920.
The comune was Chiampo, in the province of Vicenza. I actually don't know much about Caterina and Mateo, because my grandfather knows so little. I do know that they had 11 children, 5 of which survived to adulthood: Maria, Giana, Francisco, Pio, Bortolo, and Giovanni. Giovanni was a priest in Brescia (comune)
I know Bortolo was born in 1911, and died in 1982. His son, my grandfather, is named Luigi (he's still alive). My grandfather actually immigrated to Brazil with my great-grandparents, around the time of WWII. Bortolo had 5 children, Gianfranco, Antonio, Luigi (my grandfather), Dino, and Caterina. Bortolo's wife's name was Rina Faedo from Chiampo, born in 1920.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Dal Bianco
Hi
I looked and there are LDS microfilms for Chiampo civil records for the years 1806 through 1908. You should be able to find the marriage of Mateo and Caterina and possible children too.
Civil records link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Find a Family History Center (FHC) near you
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Write down the numbers and descriptions of the films you want to order and go to your FHC to order.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
As for additional records for maybe someone with a subscription to ancestry can look those up for you. I don't have a subscription....sorry. But there are alot of great people here on the forum that will be able to help you there. Just post back and let them know what records you would like to find.
Regards,
Elizabeth
I looked and there are LDS microfilms for Chiampo civil records for the years 1806 through 1908. You should be able to find the marriage of Mateo and Caterina and possible children too.
Civil records link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Find a Family History Center (FHC) near you
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Write down the numbers and descriptions of the films you want to order and go to your FHC to order.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
As for additional records for maybe someone with a subscription to ancestry can look those up for you. I don't have a subscription....sorry. But there are alot of great people here on the forum that will be able to help you there. Just post back and let them know what records you would like to find.
Regards,
Elizabeth
- Italdescent
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 05:37
Re: Dal Bianco
Thanks so much! That was really helpful.