i could use some help from our italian based researchers to point me in a direction. i have been unable to locate the hometown for my ggm - gizzi. her birth record and her marriage records are in gioia sannitica. other figli birth records are also in gioia. however, the only information about her father and mother identify they were domiciled in gioia, no information about their place of origin. i have looked through all gioia microfilm and there are no other gizzis there - they came form somewhere else but it is not listed. they were there in the 1860-1870 period only.
i would like to order other microfilm but want to do so in a more productive way. any suggestions on other comunes where the gizzi surname may have originated would be helpful.
tommaso
gizzi famiglia
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: gizzi famiglia
good morning
an option available to you is corresponding with the gizzi's who live in the village. presently there are four. click onto the site below and you will access their names, addresses and phone numbers.
good luck, john
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... a&ind=&nc=
an option available to you is corresponding with the gizzi's who live in the village. presently there are four. click onto the site below and you will access their names, addresses and phone numbers.
good luck, john
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... a&ind=&nc=
Re: gizzi famiglia
thanks, i have been that route. what i am looking for in particular is anyone else researching the gizzi surname and the specific comune where they have found that name. hopefully there is someone out there.
tommaso
tommaso
Re: gizzi famiglia
Here is a site that may be helpful. It will tell you in what towns the surname Gizzi appears. Gioia is in Compania so start there.
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
Re: gizzi famiglia
ITS CAMPAGNIA
And alsot here are many in SCotland GB
And alsot here are many in SCotland GB
Re: gizzi famiglia
Actually it's not Campagnia either...
It's CAMPANIA...
But 'typo's' are a problem for us all at some tine or other aren't they!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: gizzi famiglia
Thanks Elba,
I always try to proofread my posts, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
I always try to proofread my posts, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
Re: gizzi famiglia
Greetings - I have extended family that part of the Gizzi family in Italy. They reside in a small town in Italy called Colliano, it is in the province of Salerno. From what I know, there are a number of Gizzi's in the area. For some reason, the name is used as Gizzo for certain family members.
Re: gizzi famiglia
thanks for the help. i will try colliano, maybe i will get lucky on the first shot.
tomasso
tomasso
Re: gizzi famiglia
We are neighbors. My family is from Contursi Terme which is on the next hill. The area has sulfur springs and even a geyser!!!
There are Gizzis in Contursi also.
There are Gizzis in Contursi also.
Re: gizzi famiglia
I'm a Gizzi...
There's hundreds of us, my uncle lives across the road my cousin at the top of our street & many more just in my town alone another hundred of us in this town alone were all related... We're Welsh Italians... Our family is also in Aus & US that's recently our past is our family came from Sicily we still eat alot of pasta...
& yep my favourite food is Pizza...my grandad spoke italian & my dad as much as he learnt,
Hope I can help...we're primarily an all male family all the women married into our family I think I have one cousin that's a girl... all my cousins (tome cousins are guys cause that's all I know... So a cousin that's a girl is odd.?!)
There's hundreds of us, my uncle lives across the road my cousin at the top of our street & many more just in my town alone another hundred of us in this town alone were all related... We're Welsh Italians... Our family is also in Aus & US that's recently our past is our family came from Sicily we still eat alot of pasta...
Hope I can help...we're primarily an all male family all the women married into our family I think I have one cousin that's a girl... all my cousins (tome cousins are guys cause that's all I know... So a cousin that's a girl is odd.?!)


