Thank you so much!
We were always told (as I'm sure all Garibaldis) that we are related to the "Great" general.
MC
Search found 32 matches
- 07 Jul 2008, 13:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Request Please?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4812
- 06 Jul 2008, 01:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Request Please?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4812
Translation Request Please?
Could someone translate this for me?
Thank you!!
Thank you!!
- 04 Jul 2008, 13:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Blank Translated forms for Births, marriages etc?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3167
Blank Translated forms for Births, marriages etc?
I was thinking it might help to have a form (blank) of the stato civile records (birth death and marriage).
I could look at the LDS films and just copy into them, the important info.
Are there such forms available?
I could look at the LDS films and just copy into them, the important info.
Are there such forms available?
- 03 Jul 2008, 01:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LDS Films---what can they do for me?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8987
Re: LDS Films---what can they do for me?
Thanks I will order a copy.......
I'll also ask if they can scan them.
The lady at the LDS Said they just got a memo that the catholic church will no longer allow microfilming of records. They don't know why-
I imagine I could also write to the stato civile and get copies of the records as well ...
I'll also ask if they can scan them.
The lady at the LDS Said they just got a memo that the catholic church will no longer allow microfilming of records. They don't know why-
I imagine I could also write to the stato civile and get copies of the records as well ...
- 02 Jul 2008, 03:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LDS Films---what can they do for me?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8987
LDS Films---what can they do for me?
I ordered three films and went in today to view them. Starting on the first film I started having "HITS" right away...so what is my problem? The microfische reader is junk.....i can barely read the document and printing was a disaster....
The printed copies are so dark and fuzzy that no words can ...
The printed copies are so dark and fuzzy that no words can ...
- 24 Jun 2008, 00:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9753
Re: Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the links! I haven't found anything on the wvculture site though....I'll keep lookin' 
- 23 Jun 2008, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9753
Re: Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
that is it, her name was actually eunice catherine boreman (Miskevich) but she went by catherine.
I am going to keep trying till I get it right, I'll try the "less is more" and see what happens.
Thanks for your help.
MC
I am going to keep trying till I get it right, I'll try the "less is more" and see what happens.
Thanks for your help.
MC
- 22 Jun 2008, 23:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9753
Search Results on Ancestry.....what am I doing wrong?
I've asked for help and you all have found things that I couldn't---can you fill me in on what I may be doing wrong?
I subscribe to ancestry where they have tons of records avail.
For instance, My aunt, born December 16, 1915 and died September 24, 2001.
She was born in WV and died in GA and ...
I subscribe to ancestry where they have tons of records avail.
For instance, My aunt, born December 16, 1915 and died September 24, 2001.
She was born in WV and died in GA and ...
- 19 Jun 2008, 00:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Organizing your research?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2990
Organizing your research?
How do you organize your research? I've got most of mine in binders on a book shelf by family name....but am in the process of scanning "original" documents and storing them on a thumb drive by family name as well.
Also have some in files in file boxes etc.........
I also use family tree maker ...
Also have some in files in file boxes etc.........
I also use family tree maker ...
- 15 Jun 2008, 08:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to get Italian relatives to respond to my letters
- Replies: 16
- Views: 14515
Re: How to get Italian relatives to respond to my letters
if you will tell me your relatives name and what year they came to chile from italy, and what town in Italy they were born.......I might be able to help.
- 14 Jun 2008, 01:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about Names
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6430
Re: Question about Names
John, thank you so much for explaining it to me....
I see in america, most drop the extra name.....
I see in america, most drop the extra name.....
- 13 Jun 2008, 12:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trip to Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7262
Re: Trip to Italy
No recommendation but hope you have a wonderful time.
- 13 Jun 2008, 01:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about Names
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6430
Question about Names
My maiden name is genotti, but when i found my family in Italy I noticed everyone has what "appears" to be two last names.
For instance, my great grandmother I always thought was named Carolina Vottero.
I find out it is really Carolina Vottero Vintrella
I found the children she had w/my gr grand ...
For instance, my great grandmother I always thought was named Carolina Vottero.
I find out it is really Carolina Vottero Vintrella
I found the children she had w/my gr grand ...
- 11 Jun 2008, 09:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to get Italian relatives to respond to my letters
- Replies: 16
- Views: 14515
Re: How to get Italian relatives to respond to my letters
Carolina,
Where was your family from in Italy? Do you know the name of the person who left Italy to go to Chile? If so, what was his name? Do you know who his parents were?
My grandfather was Giovanni Costantino Genotti, son of Carolina Vottero and tomasso Genotti of Bogliano, Mezzenile Torino ...
Where was your family from in Italy? Do you know the name of the person who left Italy to go to Chile? If so, what was his name? Do you know who his parents were?
My grandfather was Giovanni Costantino Genotti, son of Carolina Vottero and tomasso Genotti of Bogliano, Mezzenile Torino ...
- 09 Jun 2008, 23:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: John Genotti/NY 1920 Census
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3869
Re: John Genotti/NY 1920 Census
Hi,
He was born May 23 1886 in Bogliano, Mezzenile, Torino, Italyand came to this country in 1909 and became a citizen in 1922.
His wife (my grandmother) was Ethel Garibaldi.
1910 Census shows him as Giovanna Gionoff in Shamokin, PA (which is where the ship manifest says he was heading towards ...
He was born May 23 1886 in Bogliano, Mezzenile, Torino, Italyand came to this country in 1909 and became a citizen in 1922.
His wife (my grandmother) was Ethel Garibaldi.
1910 Census shows him as Giovanna Gionoff in Shamokin, PA (which is where the ship manifest says he was heading towards ...