Search found 36 matches
- 09 Jul 2021, 07:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5073
Re: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
Thank you for validating my frustration. I went through the same films on familysearch but couldn’t find the Manilla in October 1902 timeframe but thought I’d give a try that someone else might have another source. Anyway, thanks for everyone’s input.
- 08 Jul 2021, 06:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5073
Re: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
No. He is too young. However I have seen this one before and I think they are related. As you know, the names are used over and over so it gets confusing but I think these may be related. Do you see on this manifest you sent he’s traveling with Rosa De Vita and Paolo and Paola Degregorio? in column ...
- 08 Jul 2021, 02:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5073
Re: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
No. I don’t have access to ancestry right now so cannot view the document but he’s not from caccamo. The index cards show they arrived in SS Manilla October 21, 1902. They are from Montevago. The one I am searching for includes both Antonio Degregorio and Leonardo Corso. I’m looking for their ...
- 06 Jul 2021, 07:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5073
Re: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
Yes those are the index cards. I’m looking to get my hands on the actual passenger manifest, if still exists.
- 06 Jul 2021, 07:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5073
Need help locating New Orleans ship manifest
If anyone willing to access New Orleans passenger manifests I would appreciate a search for a copy of a page that should contain two persons I believe travelled together.
Antonio Degregorio and Leonardo Corso
Ss Manilla
Departed Palermo
Arrived New Orleans, October 21, 1902
I found each on index ...
Antonio Degregorio and Leonardo Corso
Ss Manilla
Departed Palermo
Arrived New Orleans, October 21, 1902
I found each on index ...
- 02 Dec 2020, 02:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
- Replies: 2
- Views: 594
Re: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
Thank you!!!!! The correct words make all the difference. That handwriting is a little torturous sometimes 
- 02 Dec 2020, 01:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
- Replies: 2
- Views: 594
Request help translating handwritten notation on 1890 Atti di Nascita
I’m missing a few words or perhaps more and would like help with the remaining words and translation.
da dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetto per avere nella _____ la sua qualità _____ i _____ dell'___ sua nell'atto delparto e in luogo del marito della pipitone il quale non ha potute ...
da dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetto per avere nella _____ la sua qualità _____ i _____ dell'___ sua nell'atto delparto e in luogo del marito della pipitone il quale non ha potute ...
- 23 Feb 2020, 09:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1222
Re: 1908 handwriting, help please
Thank you
- 23 Feb 2020, 08:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1222
Re: 1908 handwriting, help please
Amazing!! Thank you very much. I knew the father of bride wasn’t born in Marsala but now I know where he ended up. Any idea on where to look online for information on Italians in Tunis early 20th century?
- 23 Feb 2020, 04:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1908 handwriting, help please
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1222
1908 handwriting, help please
I would greatly appreciate anyone having a go at helping me translate this notation from a pubblicazzione di matrimonio from Marsala. I can make out parts but can’t recognize all of the words.
- 19 Feb 2020, 21:57
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2650
Re: Where is Bardinelo ?
No, that’s too far. But thanks. Everything I have puts her closer to Naples
- 19 Feb 2020, 21:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Where is Bardinelo ?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2650
Where is Bardinelo ?
Record showing last foreign residence as Bardinelo, Italy. I cannot find anywhere with this or similar name but assuming if exists would be in Naples area as I have other records of my subject individual associated to Naples and Mugnano del Cardinal area. Thanks
- 06 Apr 2016, 22:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1834
Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
No problem Erudita.
Yes, I got lucky finding what remains of these records because like Santa Margherita di Belice I was starting to believe they did not survive the 1968 earthquake. Hopefully yours will surface one day.
Best regards!
Yes, I got lucky finding what remains of these records because like Santa Margherita di Belice I was starting to believe they did not survive the 1968 earthquake. Hopefully yours will surface one day.
Best regards!
- 06 Apr 2016, 15:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1834
Re: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
Erudita,
Thanks for giving it a try, every suggestion helps. I agree the surname of grooms mother is a mess. I can now see the possibility of Cologera for the mother of bride and now I definitely see Ignazio for the first witness. As for the second witness could that be 'Micaele'? (I don't even ...
Thanks for giving it a try, every suggestion helps. I agree the surname of grooms mother is a mess. I can now see the possibility of Cologera for the mother of bride and now I definitely see Ignazio for the first witness. As for the second witness could that be 'Micaele'? (I don't even ...
- 01 Apr 2016, 07:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1834
1785 Sicilian church record, trying to read parents names
Another translation request, I tried but this is beyond me. I know the quality not great but hopefully someone might recognize these names. The act starts on previous page (not shown) but I'm pretty sure all the parties are shown here. Thank you!
Groom:Domenico Armato, son of Joseph and [Domenica ...
Groom:Domenico Armato, son of Joseph and [Domenica ...