My great-great-grandfather was born in Teggiano I believe. I wrote the commune but they did not have his birth record. As he was born around 1850 I think that there may be no civil record but there might be a church record of baptism. However, I am unsure of who to write..
http://www.catholic ...
Search found 10 matches
- 22 Jun 2008, 09:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teggiano Baptism Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6486
- 02 Dec 2007, 00:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teggiano
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5019
Re: Teggiano
Thanks!! 
- 01 Dec 2007, 06:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teggiano
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5019
Teggiano
I am looking for information on Teggiano where my great-great-grandfather was born. I sent a letter in Italian to the mayor about a month ago and am hoping to hear back before the end of the year. I see that the LDS church has birth records but they are from the latter 1800s whereas my great-great ...
- 02 Nov 2007, 08:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Thanks Elizabeth!!!!! That was just what I was looking for, you are a genius! :) I just wrote out a letter to Salerno asking for the birth certificate. Hopefully they'll get back to me and I'll be all set!
What interesting history... I wonder how far back I can go.
James
PS. Thanks suanj too! I ...
What interesting history... I wonder how far back I can go.
James
PS. Thanks suanj too! I ...
- 02 Nov 2007, 04:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Wow that is interesting that your grandfather went back to Italy after having been in America! Here is a copy of the 1900 census as well with Teresa on it. On this one she is using the Renzo name again, I believe her mother is living with them, but she is listed as "Jestero"! I did a search on ...
- 02 Nov 2007, 02:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
By the way, Pietro came into NYC and lived there for the rest of his life as far as I know. Theresa Cestaro was born Marc 18 1864. Please let me know if there is any other information that can be of help. I am working on scanning all of the records.
- 02 Nov 2007, 02:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Thanks for help with the search!! :) Here is more detailed information...
According to his death certificate he was born in 1849 or 1850 in Italy. He died on May 25, 1899 and at that time had been in America for 24 years. On his death it is misspelled Gianlorenzo. Unfortunately he is not on any ...
According to his death certificate he was born in 1849 or 1850 in Italy. He died on May 25, 1899 and at that time had been in America for 24 years. On his death it is misspelled Gianlorenzo. Unfortunately he is not on any ...
- 01 Nov 2007, 16:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Thanks for the advice so far - his name is Pietro Giallorenzo.
- 01 Nov 2007, 06:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Oh, it appears as though he came to America when he was 25, in 1875. This is according to his American death certificate, but I haven't been able to find the actual record for the boat yet. I checked Castle Garden's website but don't believe it is complete..
- 01 Nov 2007, 06:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So close now, just need Birth Certificate
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13513
So close now, just need Birth Certificate
Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum on and off while applying for the many many certificates I need to obtain Italian citizenship through my great-great-grandfather. It has only been 3 months now and I am very close! The latest and hardest of all was his 1879 marriage certificate.. his age is ...