Thanks Val,
You/ve helped me quite a bit since I started this project in 2008.
Thanks Val,
I really appreciate the effort you have put into finding my family history since I started in 2008.
You know where to go to get the facts.
I also appreciate the help of many others like Peg.
Have a ...
Search found 28 matches
- 13 Dec 2010, 22:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
- 13 Dec 2010, 22:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
You guys are good!!
That's my great-grandmother. Mary Josephine Ricciardelli. I knew that my grandfather had sent for her and his 2 sisters Vincenza & Carmella around 1910-1913.
His older sister, Clara, came with him in 1905 and, I understand, died shortly after arriving to the USA.
Can't make out ...
That's my great-grandmother. Mary Josephine Ricciardelli. I knew that my grandfather had sent for her and his 2 sisters Vincenza & Carmella around 1910-1913.
His older sister, Clara, came with him in 1905 and, I understand, died shortly after arriving to the USA.
Can't make out ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 18:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Peg,
Thanks, but Gaetano didn't have a brother in White Plains or, anywhere else in USA.
As you probably know Gaetana is the feminine of Gaetano so, the gender is probably correct.
I'm going to work on the "Missing Manifests" and let you know how I make out.
Thanks for everything. You've been a ...
Thanks, but Gaetano didn't have a brother in White Plains or, anywhere else in USA.
As you probably know Gaetana is the feminine of Gaetano so, the gender is probably correct.
I'm going to work on the "Missing Manifests" and let you know how I make out.
Thanks for everything. You've been a ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 18:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Peg,
Thanks for the addresses you've provided. I have a different address for Foggia, Italy to which I forwarded my request and, was told that there was no record of Gaetano's birthday.
The adress I had was:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Commune di Accadia
71021 Accadia FG Italy.
Anyway, I'm going to ...
Thanks for the addresses you've provided. I have a different address for Foggia, Italy to which I forwarded my request and, was told that there was no record of Gaetano's birthday.
The adress I had was:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Commune di Accadia
71021 Accadia FG Italy.
Anyway, I'm going to ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 16:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Thanks for the info provided. I will search through the manifest mentioned and see if I can find him.
You asked for some info about Gaetano Ricciardelli. The info that suanj provided is not my grandfather. He was 16 years old when he came to America with his older sister, Carmela in 1905.
I have ...
You asked for some info about Gaetano Ricciardelli. The info that suanj provided is not my grandfather. He was 16 years old when he came to America with his older sister, Carmela in 1905.
I have ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 15:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Maestra,
Wow!
This is a great start. Now all that I need is a copy of the manifest of 2/21/05 arrival in NY.
Appreciate the photo.
Brianna
Wow!
This is a great start. Now all that I need is a copy of the manifest of 2/21/05 arrival in NY.
Appreciate the photo.
Brianna
- 13 Dec 2010, 15:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passenger ships' manifests
- Replies: 24
- Views: 7746
Passenger ships' manifests
I;'m trying to find a copy of a ship manifest for the "Republic", which supposedly arrived in NY "on or about" Feb 21st, 1905.
I am looking for the info on the manifest for my grandfather "Gaetano Ricciardelli".
Would appreciate help from anyone knowing where I can get a copy of this manifest ...
I am looking for the info on the manifest for my grandfather "Gaetano Ricciardelli".
Would appreciate help from anyone knowing where I can get a copy of this manifest ...
- 13 Dec 2010, 15:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
Do you know where I can get records of the ship, on which my grandfather, supposedly came to America. His Declaration Of Intention that I received from the Naturalization Service indicates that he arrived in NY "on or, about Feb 21, 1905" on the vessel "Republic".
Any advice that you may ...
Do you know where I can get records of the ship, on which my grandfather, supposedly came to America. His Declaration Of Intention that I received from the Naturalization Service indicates that he arrived in NY "on or, about Feb 21, 1905" on the vessel "Republic".
Any advice that you may ...
- 27 Nov 2010, 15:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I received a reply back from Accadia, Foggia, Italy about Gaetano's birth certificate. They advised that there is no record on file. Then, it dawned on me that Accadia, which was originally in the Province of Avellino was, in the mid 20th century ceded to Foggia Province.
I tried to contact ...
I received a reply back from Accadia, Foggia, Italy about Gaetano's birth certificate. They advised that there is no record on file. Then, it dawned on me that Accadia, which was originally in the Province of Avellino was, in the mid 20th century ceded to Foggia Province.
I tried to contact ...
- 20 Oct 2010, 15:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I can't believe all the info that you've found about my grandfather and his family.
Gaetano's place of birth was in Accadia, Avellino.
I know that Gaetano came to this county in 1905 with his older sister Carmella whose marriage name was DeSantis. The name "DI Santa" should be "DeSantis ...
I can't believe all the info that you've found about my grandfather and his family.
Gaetano's place of birth was in Accadia, Avellino.
I know that Gaetano came to this county in 1905 with his older sister Carmella whose marriage name was DeSantis. The name "DI Santa" should be "DeSantis ...
- 19 Oct 2010, 15:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I have checked the Ellis Island Records and, LDS many times and, haven't been able to find my grandfather's name.
I've even tried various spellings of the name leaving out the "i"; using only one "c", etc. but, to no avail.
Thanks for your help.
Please advise if you have any other ...
I have checked the Ellis Island Records and, LDS many times and, haven't been able to find my grandfather's name.
I've even tried various spellings of the name leaving out the "i"; using only one "c", etc. but, to no avail.
Thanks for your help.
Please advise if you have any other ...
- 18 Oct 2010, 21:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VAL
I forwarded a letter to my grandfather's town of birth on Oct 1st and, haven't received an answer yet. I'm sure that I will get a reply within the next month of so.
Anyway, I did get a copy of my grandfather's (Gaetano Ricciardelli) Declaration of Intention to become a citizen and, as you said ...
I forwarded a letter to my grandfather's town of birth on Oct 1st and, haven't received an answer yet. I'm sure that I will get a reply within the next month of so.
Anyway, I did get a copy of my grandfather's (Gaetano Ricciardelli) Declaration of Intention to become a citizen and, as you said ...
- 10 Aug 2010, 11:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Valarie,
Benedetto Riccardelli was my uncle who died in 1960. He spelled his name with the "I" in it but, it wasn' that way in his obituary.
I will look into the Naturalization Records and see if that in fact is my grandfather.
Thanks
Brianna
Benedetto Riccardelli was my uncle who died in 1960. He spelled his name with the "I" in it but, it wasn' that way in his obituary.
I will look into the Naturalization Records and see if that in fact is my grandfather.
Thanks
Brianna
- 09 Aug 2010, 10:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VAL,
I will keep you posted.
Again, thanks for you help
Brianna
I will keep you posted.
Again, thanks for you help
Brianna
- 08 Aug 2010, 20:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23520
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VJ
I did write a letter but, not sure if the address you gave me was the one I used.
I'll give it a try and, see what happens.
Thank you for responding.
Brianna
I did write a letter but, not sure if the address you gave me was the one I used.
I'll give it a try and, see what happens.
Thank you for responding.
Brianna