Hi!
If it helps, there's additional background information on this older post
Valarie
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... art=0.html
Passenger ships' manifests
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Maria Giuseppa (Cardone?) Ricciardelli
For reference
Gaetano's mother's 1913 manifest
last residence Accadia
born in Sant'Andrea di Conza, Province of Avellino, Region Campania
30 Oct 1913
line 29
page 1
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2682/1913b.jpg
page 2
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9923/191301.jpg
---
address for her records
Comune di Sant'Andrea di Conza
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Largo Castello
83053 Sant'Andrea di Conza (AV)
ITALY
For reference
Gaetano's mother's 1913 manifest
last residence Accadia
born in Sant'Andrea di Conza, Province of Avellino, Region Campania
30 Oct 1913
line 29
page 1
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2682/1913b.jpg
page 2
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9923/191301.jpg
---
address for her records
Comune di Sant'Andrea di Conza
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Largo Castello
83053 Sant'Andrea di Conza (AV)
ITALY
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Thanks, Valarie, for the additional information.
Peg
Peg
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Hi Peg
!
Interesting comune for Gaetano's mother
Valarie
Interesting comune for Gaetano's mother
Valarie
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
You guys are good!!
That's my great-grandmother. Mary Josephine Ricciardelli. I knew that my grandfather had sent for her and his 2 sisters Vincenza & Carmella around 1910-1913.
His older sister, Clara, came with him in 1905 and, I understand, died shortly after arriving to the USA.
Can't make out how old Maria was when she arrived in the US. Looks like the pen slipped when it was being written.
Thanks for your help.
If only I can find my grandfather's manifest record.
Brianna
That's my great-grandmother. Mary Josephine Ricciardelli. I knew that my grandfather had sent for her and his 2 sisters Vincenza & Carmella around 1910-1913.
His older sister, Clara, came with him in 1905 and, I understand, died shortly after arriving to the USA.
Can't make out how old Maria was when she arrived in the US. Looks like the pen slipped when it was being written.
Thanks for your help.
If only I can find my grandfather's manifest record.
Brianna
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Hibrianna wrote:...Can't make out how old Maria was when she arrived in the US...
she should be 57 years old
born abt 1856
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Thanks Val,
You/ve helped me quite a bit since I started this project in 2008.
Thanks Val,
I really appreciate the effort you have put into finding my family history since I started in 2008.
You know where to go to get the facts.
I also appreciate the help of many others like Peg.
Have a Merry Christmas and, Happy New Year.
Brianna
i really appreciate the effor
You/ve helped me quite a bit since I started this project in 2008.
Thanks Val,
I really appreciate the effort you have put into finding my family history since I started in 2008.
You know where to go to get the facts.
I also appreciate the help of many others like Peg.
Have a Merry Christmas and, Happy New Year.
Brianna
i really appreciate the effor
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Thank you for your note Brianna
We all appreciate it
No doubt many of us have written ourselves a note to keep checking on your grandfather and his sisters' manifest(s)
It's just a matter of time before they're found
You may want to also try your g-grandmother's comune for your grandfather's birth record - you never know
Merry Christmas!
Valarie
We all appreciate it
No doubt many of us have written ourselves a note to keep checking on your grandfather and his sisters' manifest(s)
It's just a matter of time before they're found
You may want to also try your g-grandmother's comune for your grandfather's birth record - you never know
Merry Christmas!
Valarie
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Unbelievable that you found that manifest for the mother, Valarie. I had to look at it a few times and, if you hadn't said what line she was on, I never would have realized that that was the same surname we were researching.
Good work! And, that is some town name. I had never heard of it before, but now we both know it.
Peg
Good work! And, that is some town name. I had never heard of it before, but now we both know it.
Peg
Re: Passenger ships' manifests
Hi Peg
I remember looking for her manifest several times before
Not sure what was different yesterday, maybe just really lucky
Valarie
I remember looking for her manifest several times before
Not sure what was different yesterday, maybe just really lucky
Valarie

