I need to prove that my grandfather (born in US), was born to Italian Citizens. I already know that nobody Naturalized. I thought I needed both of the parents birth and death records. It is now, both of the death records that I am stuck trying to get so if I don't need them, that would be great.
In ...
Search found 13 matches
- 03 Oct 2009, 08:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: No Records Found for US Death of Italian Ancestor
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3268
- 03 Oct 2009, 08:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trouble getting a response from commune
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5570
Re: Trouble getting a response from commune
Thank you for your replies. Yes I am sure as we have a letter dating back that far from family that they couldn't afford to keep him buried so he would be unearthed and moved or whatever.
Also, I always include a SAE with my mailing. I have been successful with no ID before.
Any other help is ...
Also, I always include a SAE with my mailing. I have been successful with no ID before.
Any other help is ...
- 02 Oct 2009, 15:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames:DiPaola, LaPadula, Sacco, Cretelli
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6241
Re: surnames:DiPaola, LaPadula, Sacco, Cretelli
Unfortunately, I don’t have too much info on anything farther back than my Great Grandfather. His name was Luigi and his parents were Filippo Di Paola and MariaGaetana Romano. He settled in California so my family is all from California in the early 1900's. Would be nice if we can figure out what ...
- 02 Oct 2009, 10:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: No Records Found for US Death of Italian Ancestor
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3268
No Records Found for US Death of Italian Ancestor
Hello again.
Does anybody have experience filing an application with an NRF document in place of a death certificate? This would be for a great grandmother, who is the mother of the individual I am seeking citizenship through (my grandfather).
Thanks for any help.
Does anybody have experience filing an application with an NRF document in place of a death certificate? This would be for a great grandmother, who is the mother of the individual I am seeking citizenship through (my grandfather).
Thanks for any help.
- 02 Oct 2009, 09:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames:DiPaola, LaPadula, Sacco, Cretelli
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6241
Re: surnames:DiPaola, LaPadula, Sacco, Cretelli
Hi. I am also researching Di Paola from Polla. Have you made any progress? My Great grandfather was born there in 1859.
- 02 Oct 2009, 08:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trouble getting a response from commune
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5570
Trouble getting a response from commune
I hope someone can help.
I have obtained 17 of the 20 documents I need for my application. It has been a long and arduous process. However, I am having a lot of problems getting a response from the commune for the last italian document I need.
It is a death certificate from Castel San Lorenzo ...
I have obtained 17 of the 20 documents I need for my application. It has been a long and arduous process. However, I am having a lot of problems getting a response from the commune for the last italian document I need.
It is a death certificate from Castel San Lorenzo ...
- 17 Apr 2009, 14:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship and Naturalization
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3305
Re: Dual Citizenship and Naturalization
Thank you. I will check into that process...
- 17 Apr 2009, 08:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship and Naturalization
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3305
Dual Citizenship and Naturalization
Can someone please provide me the contact information to receive a "no records found" from the NARA? I have downloaded one of their forms, but it is not appropriate.
I have already written to the local divisions and have confirmed via letters from them and family testimonials that the ...
I have already written to the local divisions and have confirmed via letters from them and family testimonials that the ...
- 03 Mar 2009, 09:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4702
Re: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
Great news! Thank you so much!
- 03 Mar 2009, 07:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Grandfather naturalization records, need guidance
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5358
Re: Grandfather naturalization records, need guidance
Good luck! I think we can al relate to that feeling! Happy Birthday!
Surnames: Di Paola, Mazzaccaro
Surnames: Di Paola, Mazzaccaro
- 02 Mar 2009, 10:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4702
Re: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
Thank you for your input!
- 01 Mar 2009, 19:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4702
Filing for Italian Citizenship while living abroad
I was wondering if anybody could provide some advice/guidance regarding the process for filing for Italian citizenship if one is legally residing outside one's home country. I am a US citizen, residing in Denmark. My regular consulate would be the one in Los Angeles, and due to their volume, I have ...
- 25 Feb 2009, 13:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Grandfather naturalization records, need guidance
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5358
Re: Grandfather naturalization records, need guidance
I am having a similar issue. I have written to the local county department where i believe the naturalization may have taken place. They have issued me a letter saying no records found, however I believe I will need something more formal to file with my application.
I am also confused about G-639 ...
I am also confused about G-639 ...