Search found 47 matches
- 23 Jun 2010, 05:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Manifests from USA to Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3951
Re: Manifests from USA to Italy
Confirming the short answer for the period 1900 - 1925 - No. I do not know of any records kept for other periods of time either. You would have to contact the relavent Port of arrival and see if they kept historical documents. What worked for me was Church records, if there were children involved ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 05:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vincenzo v Charles
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3106
Re: Vincenzo v Charles
I think it could be a local idiom, I have a Giuseppe that was called Charlie (Charles) in my family. Most of the other names were changed to their english form eg. Vittorio - Victor, there was one example however that stands out an Enrico was known as Harry. None of these individuals had middle ...
- 15 Jun 2010, 05:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7901
Re: FERLAZZO family Gioisa Marea Messina Sicily
Welcome to the forum.
There are many Ferlazzo's mentioned in both Ellis Island and Ancestory, This appears to be a close match, is this your Nicolas and Maria?
You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox).
1910 United States Federal Census
about Nicholas Ferlazzo
Name: Nicholas Ferlazzo ...
There are many Ferlazzo's mentioned in both Ellis Island and Ancestory, This appears to be a close match, is this your Nicolas and Maria?
You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox).
1910 United States Federal Census
about Nicholas Ferlazzo
Name: Nicholas Ferlazzo ...
- 03 Jun 2010, 21:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gradisca Burials
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5934
Re: Gradisca Burials
I will try them. Thanks.
David
David
- 02 Jun 2010, 22:34
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian POWs during WWI
- Replies: 7
- Views: 17976
Re: Italian POWs during WWI
I have searched far and wide for sites containing this information, to no avail. I appears that the ICRC sites are the only way to find information.
Be patient as getting even a simple reply takes months.
David
Be patient as getting even a simple reply takes months.
David
- 02 Jun 2010, 22:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gradisca Burials
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5934
Re: Gradisca Burials
Thanks for that, I did mean Isonzo.
I was hoping there was an online resource that allowed searching of graveyards.
David
I was hoping there was an online resource that allowed searching of graveyards.
David
- 01 Jun 2010, 07:42
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gradisca Burials
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5934
Gradisca Burials
Can anybody advise me how to search for Burial and or Cremation records in the Gradisca area?.
I have discovered that my aunt returned there after her divorce from her husband and lived in the Gradisca area for a period of time prior to her death. Her first name is either Ivanna or Giovanna (I knew ...
I have discovered that my aunt returned there after her divorce from her husband and lived in the Gradisca area for a period of time prior to her death. Her first name is either Ivanna or Giovanna (I knew ...
- 29 May 2010, 02:03
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Merchnt Navy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5753
Re: Merchnt Navy
They did that quite often in Australia, I can't think of any reason why they would not do that in other countries, possibly to escape hardship, adventure etc.
David
David
- 12 May 2010, 02:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Do you know what the Marandos Band is? Photo help
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4320
Re: Do you know what the Marandos Band is? Photo help
Hi Lisa,
Try uploading the photo to a site such as imageshack.com or photobucket and post the link
David
Try uploading the photo to a site such as imageshack.com or photobucket and post the link
David
- 03 May 2010, 05:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lena chiodo
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8630
Re: lena chiodo
Is this her?
Social Security Death Index
about Lena Montesano
Name: Lena Montesano
SSN: 493-12-0630
Last Residence: 64124 Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, United States of America
Born: 9 May 1899
Died: Jul 1982
State (Year) SSN issued: Missouri (Before 1951)
David
Social Security Death Index
about Lena Montesano
Name: Lena Montesano
SSN: 493-12-0630
Last Residence: 64124 Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, United States of America
Born: 9 May 1899
Died: Jul 1982
State (Year) SSN issued: Missouri (Before 1951)
David
- 03 May 2010, 04:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: lena chiodo
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8630
Re: lena chiodo
Could this be her?
1920 US Census
Name: Lena Chiodo
Home in 1920: Mamaroneck, Westchester, New York
Age: 24
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: James
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married ...
1920 US Census
Name: Lena Chiodo
Home in 1920: Mamaroneck, Westchester, New York
Age: 24
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: James
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married ...
- 29 Apr 2010, 23:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Border changes after WWII
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6997
Re: Border changes after WWII
I have just been through this too, fortunately I did not need actual birth certificates, just records. As I do not speak Slovenian and only a limited amount of Italian, I hired a Croatian Geneologist to search Parish records in Kamnje and Skrilje, they are very good and gave a lot of leads which ...
- 29 Apr 2010, 05:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3443
Re: Advice on Prof Genealogy Service in Argentina
Hi Liliana,
About 6 weeks ago I was in a similar situation to you, except I was sending a comparable amount of money to Crotia for some Slovenian research. The results were fantastic, they exceded my expectations. (The areas in Slovenia that some of my relatives came from were for some time part of ...
About 6 weeks ago I was in a similar situation to you, except I was sending a comparable amount of money to Crotia for some Slovenian research. The results were fantastic, they exceded my expectations. (The areas in Slovenia that some of my relatives came from were for some time part of ...
- 30 Mar 2010, 05:25
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Baptism Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4382
Baptism Records
I am just about to apply to the Catholic Diocese in Cleveland Ohio for the Baptism records of my Aunts and Uncles (circa 1915-1924) to see if I can glean anymore information for my Family Tree. Has anybody tried this before?. Is it a worthwile exercise?
David
David
- 30 Mar 2010, 05:15
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does this annoy anyone else?
- Replies: 93
- Views: 80020
Re: Does this annoy anyone else?
On the Jack Thompson edition of the show it was revealed he had a convict ancestor - upon learning this he replied "Australian aristocracy".