Manifests from USA to Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Manifests from USA to Italy

Post by Joannsalvo »

Hi,
Are there manifests that would show my ancestors leaving the USA and going back to Italy?


Thanks,
Joann
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Manifests from USA to Italy

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Short answer: No.

Sorry!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Manifests from USA to Italy

Post by Joannsalvo »

I didn't think so but I wanted to make sure.

Many Thanks!
User avatar
mozzie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 01:02
Location: Australia

Re: Manifests from USA to Italy

Post by mozzie »

Confirming the short answer for the period 1900 - 1925 - No. I do not know of any records kept for other periods of time either. You would have to contact the relavent Port of arrival and see if they kept historical documents. What worked for me was Church records, if there were children involved, sometimes they were recorded in parish records.

David
User avatar
carmine1917
Elite
Elite
Posts: 269
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
Location: New York

Re: Manifests from USA to Italy

Post by carmine1917 »

Check on ancestry, it will show when they came back. Than contact the passport division, I got my grandmother's in the 1920's. Other than that, I am still searching for records on those that came to America and left to go back to Italy or Argentina.
Post Reply