Hi,
Are there manifests that would show my ancestors leaving the USA and going back to Italy?
Thanks,
Joann
Manifests from USA to Italy
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Manifests from USA to Italy
Short answer: No.
Sorry!
Sorry!
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- Joannsalvo
- Elite

- Posts: 304
- Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
- Location: NJ
Re: Manifests from USA to Italy
I didn't think so but I wanted to make sure.
Many Thanks!
Many Thanks!
Re: Manifests from USA to Italy
Confirming the short answer for the period 1900 - 1925 - No. I do not know of any records kept for other periods of time either. You would have to contact the relavent Port of arrival and see if they kept historical documents. What worked for me was Church records, if there were children involved, sometimes they were recorded in parish records.
David
David
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York
Re: Manifests from USA to Italy
Check on ancestry, it will show when they came back. Than contact the passport division, I got my grandmother's in the 1920's. Other than that, I am still searching for records on those that came to America and left to go back to Italy or Argentina.
