A cousin gave me this information and no more.
A google search reveals Foa to be a jewish Italian family of note arriving in Turin from France in the 1600s.
Any information that you have that might connect would be appreciated.
Paul
Paul.gelardi@ymail.com
Search found 18 matches
- 08 Jul 2011, 23:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piedmont Nobility - Foa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1705
- 23 Jun 2011, 14:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Piedmont Nobility - Foa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1705
Piedmont Nobility - Foa
Finaly tracked down a refernce to the de Foa family in Pientmonte.
THE FOA FAMILY IS ROLLED IN THE PIEMONTESI NOBLE FAMILIES.
"....Jewish noble family from Palestina:
arma: d'argento all'albero terrazzato sostenuto da due leoni e caricato sul fogliame da una stella. il tutto al naturale"
ANNUARIO ...
THE FOA FAMILY IS ROLLED IN THE PIEMONTESI NOBLE FAMILIES.
"....Jewish noble family from Palestina:
arma: d'argento all'albero terrazzato sostenuto da due leoni e caricato sul fogliame da una stella. il tutto al naturale"
ANNUARIO ...
- 22 Jun 2011, 11:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Breakthrough - Gelardi / Gilardi Foa
- Replies: 0
- Views: 935
Breakthrough - Gelardi / Gilardi Foa
Guess what came in the mail today???? The response from the Vercelli church archives!!!!! I have been chasing teh birth records of my great-grandfather Giuseppe Gelardi (with an e) son of Cesare born 1830/1 in Brusnengo.
I've got in my hand the baptismal record of Giuseppe Gilardi Foa, son of ...
I've got in my hand the baptismal record of Giuseppe Gilardi Foa, son of ...
- 25 Jan 2011, 14:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Research assitance required in Civitanova Marche
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1947
Research assitance required in Civitanova Marche
We have made a lot of good progress on tracing my grandmother's ( Frisciotti Dei Pellicani) family in Civitanova Alta but now need some local arms and legs on the ground to help us with church records and local history scources.
Anyone have any contacts in this area that would be willing to do some ...
Anyone have any contacts in this area that would be willing to do some ...
- 08 Sep 2010, 08:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Archivist in Biella, Piedmonte
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3210
Archivist in Biella, Piedmonte
Has anyone got an address and contact information for the archivist in charge of the records in Biella. A name and telephone number would be great.
I am going to Milan today at short notice and would love to take a day and see what I could find about my ggfather who was born in Brusnengo, Biella in ...
I am going to Milan today at short notice and would love to take a day and see what I could find about my ggfather who was born in Brusnengo, Biella in ...
- 31 Aug 2010, 19:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ducal family " de Foa" - Piedmont
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2487
Ducal family " de Foa" - Piedmont
I am intrigued by the following opening lines of my grandfathers memoirs:-
"My father was the scion of a ducal family (de Foa) from Piedmont. He ran away at 15 to enrol in the army being raised by Garibaldi to fight for the unity of Italy."
Has anyone heard of a ducal family of de Foa,.. or is ...
"My father was the scion of a ducal family (de Foa) from Piedmont. He ran away at 15 to enrol in the army being raised by Garibaldi to fight for the unity of Italy."
Has anyone heard of a ducal family of de Foa,.. or is ...
- 17 Aug 2010, 13:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5327
Re: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
I meant if I go to Brusnengo village. I have a week holiday in 2nd week of Sept so I was thinking of maybe going to Brusnengo and having a look for myself.
How would I find the records? Would I call at all / any churches, speak to the priest (if tehy speak English) and ask to have access to the ...
How would I find the records? Would I call at all / any churches, speak to the priest (if tehy speak English) and ask to have access to the ...
- 17 Aug 2010, 10:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5327
Re: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
Giuseppe Gelardi died in Rome and all his children were born in Rome. No idea if he was married in Rome but that would seem also a logical conclusion. He married Carlotta Giulianni but I don't have a year. I know he died before 1901 and he registered his last son's birth in 1878 so he died in Rome ...
- 17 Aug 2010, 10:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5327
Re: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
If I went there in person, do you know how I would go about getting to see the records from 1830/1?
Regards
Paul
Regards
Paul
- 17 Aug 2010, 08:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5327
Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont
I am looking for any information on Giuseppe Gelardi, specifically his birth / baptism record from approximately 1830/1. He gives Brusnengo in Bielle provence as his birth place in the birth cert of his son and refers to his father as Cesare Gelardi,.. however I have no birth date for Cesare.
Does ...
Does ...
- 09 Aug 2010, 07:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Where is Frisciotti?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3067
Re: Where is Frisciotti?
Thanks.
I think it must be a seminary. These seems to be some noise around vocations to the catholic church.
Regards
Paul
I think it must be a seminary. These seems to be some noise around vocations to the catholic church.
Regards
Paul
- 08 Aug 2010, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5048
Re: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
From the translation of Pierina's baptism certificate this poped up from a search on Pier Francesco her possible Grandfather.
FRISCIOTTI Pier Francesco (n. 14-1-1809 in Ancona) figlio dell'avv. Pacifico di Civitanova, partecipò in Ancona ai rivolgimenti del 1831 e l'anno appresso si ascrisse alla ...
FRISCIOTTI Pier Francesco (n. 14-1-1809 in Ancona) figlio dell'avv. Pacifico di Civitanova, partecipò in Ancona ai rivolgimenti del 1831 e l'anno appresso si ascrisse alla ...
- 08 Aug 2010, 17:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Where is Frisciotti?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3067
Where is Frisciotti?
Does anyone know where the town or village of Frisciotti is? It seems to defeat Google Maps and a Google search only turns up a reference to a visit by Pope John Paul in 1981.
Any thoughts?
Paul Gelardi
Any thoughts?
Paul Gelardi
- 08 Aug 2010, 10:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5048
Re: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
Giuseppe Frisciotti dei Pellicani was born about 1837-39 in Porta Civita Nova. These are rough dates arrived at by deduction. He died, I assume in Rome, some time before 1901 as on Pierina's wedding certificate it lists him as deceased.
Best regards and thanks again for that image.
Paul
Best regards and thanks again for that image.
Paul
- 08 Aug 2010, 10:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5048
Re: Anyone researching Frisciotti dei Pellicani
Wonderful!!
How did you find that image so quickly? Unfortunately I cant read the Italian so I am not sure if to give and leads on get a birth certificate,... but I can get this translated.
If you have access to any other information about Pierina or her father Giuseppe it would be appreciated. I ...
How did you find that image so quickly? Unfortunately I cant read the Italian so I am not sure if to give and leads on get a birth certificate,... but I can get this translated.
If you have access to any other information about Pierina or her father Giuseppe it would be appreciated. I ...