Thankyou Marty.
I will do that.
Nancy
Search found 19 matches
- 06 Dec 2014, 22:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4260
- 04 Dec 2014, 14:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4260
Re: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
Hi Marty,
All I know, besides my grandfather's birthdate, (9/4/1887) are the names of his parents. (Scipione Paci and Amabile Busisi). I have no other information and I'm trying to find out the names of his brothers and sisters. My uncle, who is 80, would like to know and so would I. So I'm ...
All I know, besides my grandfather's birthdate, (9/4/1887) are the names of his parents. (Scipione Paci and Amabile Busisi). I have no other information and I'm trying to find out the names of his brothers and sisters. My uncle, who is 80, would like to know and so would I. So I'm ...
- 02 Dec 2014, 01:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4260
Re: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
Thanks for all the help and comments. I was pretty much counting on this document to be the answer to my search but It sounds like I was wrong. I'm still going to contact the commune and see what happens. And thanks for the link to Monte San Savino online info. i'll definitely spend time with it. Is ...
- 01 Dec 2014, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luporini/o
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1254
Re: Luporini/o
I'm a beginner as far as Italian genealogy goes but I have been studying the Italian language for a few years and I thought it may be helpful for you to know this particular grammatical concept in Italian. Italian has gender for it's nouns (and other parts of speech), masculine and feminine. Every ...
- 30 Nov 2014, 21:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4260
Il Certificato di Stato di Famiglia?
Hi all. Can anyone clarify what exactly the Stato di Famiglia is and do I request it through the Stato Civile? Also, can anyone tell me if Monte San Savino in Arezzo has any of it's Records on-line? I think I checked properly through FamilySearch and could not find any records but I want to be sure ...
- 28 Aug 2011, 20:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: advice on finding a translator
- Replies: 0
- Views: 735
advice on finding a translator
Any advice on finding an Italian/English translator so I can write back and forth with an Italian relative? This would be for personal letters and such, nothing legal. Thank you.
- 21 Jun 2011, 14:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help w/ email from distant relative
- Replies: 1
- Views: 847
help w/ email from distant relative
hello. It's been a long process but I wrote to potential relatives and received an e-mail from a very distant relative. I understand very basically what he is saying but I would appreciate a translation of his first paragraph. The text in parentheses are my notes.
Stiamo facendo ricerche, per ...
Stiamo facendo ricerche, per ...
- 24 May 2011, 14:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help w/ 2 sentences for letter to Italian relatives
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1054
Re: Help w/ 2 sentences for letter to Italian relatives
Thanks so much. I'm studying Italian and know enough to not try to translate anything.
- 24 May 2011, 03:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help w/ 2 sentences for letter to Italian relatives
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1054
Help w/ 2 sentences for letter to Italian relatives
I have finally put together a letter to send potential relatives in Italy using this site and others. I want to put the following sentence in the letter to explain my purpose more clearly. Would someone kindly provide me with a translation? Mille grazie.
"I am hoping to find more information on my ...
"I am hoping to find more information on my ...
- 15 Feb 2011, 03:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cost of Passage
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1686
Re: Cost of Passage
I thought this was an interesting question so I went to the link provided by adelfio. For those who don't have time to do the reading..$30 was the average steerage fare to NY (the article also said that by about 1900 the trip took about a week).
- 12 Feb 2011, 13:37
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to? question on using this site
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1898
How to? question on using this site
I'm trying to read through the old postings of the various forums but haven't figured out how to hop from, for ex. Page 1 to Page 20 without starting almost from the beginning, when I log in for a new session. I checked the Forum FAQ and tried various things but haven't figured it out.
Also, what ...
Also, what ...
- 08 Feb 2011, 17:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: e-mail inquiry surprise
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1492
Re: e-mail inquiry surprise
It is exciting. The internet is really a great tool. My grandfather was from Monte San Savino, a small town in Tuscany. I hope to visit in the near future also. How can you go wrong in Tuscany! Sicily would be great too.
- 08 Feb 2011, 15:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: e-mail inquiry surprise
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1492
e-mail inquiry surprise
Just a note of encouragement: I'm new to this but after using mainly this website for search, procedures, terminology, ideas, etc. I decided to write to the comune (in Italian) where my grandfather was born to inquire about cost and procedure to receive copy of birth certicate and extract. So I was ...
- 31 Jan 2011, 11:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: newbie..looking for greatparents - Paci in Monte San Savino
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3914
Re: newbie..looking for greatparents - Paci in Monte San Sav
Went through Ellis Island passenger lists and could not find a Carlo Paci at all and then went through a list of Italian 1st names to see if there was something similar to search but that didn't work. We think he came over sometime shortly after WWI. Could there be other lists to check or could he ...
- 30 Jan 2011, 22:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: newbie..looking for greatparents - Paci in Monte San Savino
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3914
Re: newbie..looking for greatparents - Paci in Monte San Sav
I found only 6 people with the name of Paci and I guess a few businesses. I want to write to them but I thought I should have a bit more information such as the names of all the 18 siblings. Maybe that's not necessary though.
I didn't think of getting the manifest of my grandfather's brother ...
I didn't think of getting the manifest of my grandfather's brother ...