The link you sent me is a bad gateway, so not sure if that is the correct Alessandro.
He was born Nov 5 1863bin Pagani, Salerno, campainia. Father was Luigi mother was Philomena Gracia Marie Benendetto
Search found 46 matches
- 29 Sep 2026, 19:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4560
- 29 Aug 2026, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4560
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Thank you Pippo for all your past help. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. The first of the Family was Alessandro Cinque. Not sure of the exact year he emigrated I believe it would have been in the 1880’s
- 28 Aug 2026, 13:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4560
LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
We are visiting Italy in Oct 2026, I am planning to visit Pagani, Compania, Salerno during our visit. I know I have descendants from that area. If there is any families that share the same bloodline, still living in Pagaini, I would like to get in touch. Here is what I know:
August 13, 1859, at ...
August 13, 1859, at ...
- 02 Dec 2020, 19:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
The Tombstone for both Mariantonia and Matteo list the name as Lufrano
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/208 ... ano#source
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/208 ... ano#source
- 02 Dec 2020, 18:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Thank you, this information is a tremendous help.
Is it transcription error or handwriting that causes the two different spellings Rufrano and Lufrano?
Is it transcription error or handwriting that causes the two different spellings Rufrano and Lufrano?
- 01 Dec 2020, 19:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Thank you Tessa88, I have these records as well, it has been difficult to find out where in Italy Matteo and his family resided before immigrating to USA. This site is wonderful and I am grateful for all the help that you and others provide.
- 01 Dec 2020, 19:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Ahhhh... I did not know that Italian women kept their maiden names. Then this could very well be Matteo traveling with his daughter and grandchild. Thank you Pippo
- 01 Dec 2020, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Pippo,
Thank you for your help. I found this as well, but I dismissed it because he actually would have been 56 not 54, after further study that he had two children besides Luggia; Mary and Filomena. Filomena appears to be traveling with Matteo but Filomena was married in Italy to John Salamone ...
Thank you for your help. I found this as well, but I dismissed it because he actually would have been 56 not 54, after further study that he had two children besides Luggia; Mary and Filomena. Filomena appears to be traveling with Matteo but Filomena was married in Italy to John Salamone ...
- 01 Dec 2020, 18:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Re: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Pippo,
Thank you for your help. I found this as well, but I dismissed it because he actually would have been 56 not 54, after further study that he had two children besides Luggia; Mary and Filomena. Filomena appears to be traveling with Matteo but Filomena was married in Italy to John Salamone ...
Thank you for your help. I found this as well, but I dismissed it because he actually would have been 56 not 54, after further study that he had two children besides Luggia; Mary and Filomena. Filomena appears to be traveling with Matteo but Filomena was married in Italy to John Salamone ...
- 01 Dec 2020, 02:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3359
Matteo LuFrano 1836-1913
Looking for any information for my Great Great Grandfather and his family.
I know he is buried at St Agnes Cemetery in Utica, NY
He was born in Italy in 1836 and died in Utica, NY in 1913
He was married to Mariantonia 1837-1920
My Great Grandmother Luggia/Louisa married my great grandfather ...
I know he is buried at St Agnes Cemetery in Utica, NY
He was born in Italy in 1836 and died in Utica, NY in 1913
He was married to Mariantonia 1837-1920
My Great Grandmother Luggia/Louisa married my great grandfather ...
- 14 Dec 2019, 22:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1013
Re: TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE
Thank you Biff, what is the Childs name?
- 14 Dec 2019, 16:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1013
TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE
Can someone help with the translation of this birth record from Pagini, not sure if it is Francesco Cinque as the father.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
- 24 Oct 2018, 02:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1782
Re: Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
Biff83,
According to a passport in 1922, he listed his birthplace as Laiano
According to a passport in 1922, he listed his birthplace as Laiano
- 23 Oct 2018, 04:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1782
Re: Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
Laiano, Sant'Agata Dei Goti, province of Benevento, region of Campania. He was born June 13, 1874 0r 75
- 22 Oct 2018, 20:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1782
Surname DeSimone and Lufrano
Looking for extended family history for Pasquale Desimone, emigrated to the USA in 1890 or 1892 and resided in Utica, New York. He Married Mary Louise Lufrano in 1896.
So Far I know that my great grandfather Pasquale was the son of Angelo DeSimone and Giovanna Grassi. He had two brothers Francesco ...
So Far I know that my great grandfather Pasquale was the son of Angelo DeSimone and Giovanna Grassi. He had two brothers Francesco ...