Search found 30 matches
- 15 Apr 2015, 22:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1830
Re: Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
I do have the full set - i just didn't want to post all 11 pages. What is the best way to do that? Should I maybe load them all to the tree to ancestry and provide the link there? Thanks.
- 15 Apr 2015, 17:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1830
Re: Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
Is Paolo's mother listed in the death certificate? Is his birth date in the document? Does is say how he passed away? It seems like there is alot written in there but is it just all "legal-ese"?
Thank you for the explanation about why the death certificate was included. I guess maybe my great ...
Thank you for the explanation about why the death certificate was included. I guess maybe my great ...
- 15 Apr 2015, 14:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1830
Possible Death Certificate Transcription - Criscione
Hi Everyone, in another post I stated I found all the papers for my great-grandparents marriage in Ragusa. These two pages seem to be an extract of a death certificate for the bride's father? Can anyone tell me what the document is about and help me pull out any important information - birthdate ...
- 13 Apr 2015, 22:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Birth Certificates - Augello & Criscione
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1385
- 13 Apr 2015, 15:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Birth Certificates - Augello & Criscione
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1385
Re: Transcription of Birth Certificates - Augello & Criscione
Thank you! Does it say where any of the parents were born by chance?
- 12 Apr 2015, 21:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription of Birth Certificates - Augello & Criscione
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1385
Transcription of Birth Certificates - Augello & Criscione
After scrolling thru hundreds of pages online, I located the collection of marriage documents (allegati) for my great-grandparents. Out of courtesy for others who also want transcription, for now I am going to just post their birth certificates and ask if someone can tell me what they say - any ...
- 10 Apr 2015, 23:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1764
Re: Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
Thank you Livio!!! I really appreciate it. I guess I somehow have to find out how and where to research Maltese names and genealogy.
- 10 Apr 2015, 16:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1764
Re: Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
I did read this. Thank you. It is very interesting. did you see the one line "As far as is known the Italian surname agus, sardinian place name aggius and maltese surname agius are unrelated." so i guess he is saying Aggius Vella is not related to Agius.
What is "vella". Like "of"?
What did you ...
What is "vella". Like "of"?
What did you ...
- 10 Apr 2015, 15:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1764
Can someone translate a couple of lines in this article? (Aggius Vella)
Just recently some folks here were able to translate some marriage documents for me, and I have a new last name to reseach..... Aggius Vella.
I found this article online about a man who must have a boutique luxury high-end of some kind in Ragusa, and his last name is Aggius Vella. There is a phrase ...
I found this article online about a man who must have a boutique luxury high-end of some kind in Ragusa, and his last name is Aggius Vella. There is a phrase ...
- 27 Mar 2015, 12:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can someone assist me with translating these documents?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1397
Re: Can someone assist me with translating these documents?
Thank you thank you thank you!
How far in advance were the the banns posted before the couple could get married?
Can someone help me translate this document? I know the couple were both widowers. This is the 2nd marriage for my g-g-grandmother. I am so excited I found this because I can find the ...
How far in advance were the the banns posted before the couple could get married?
Can someone help me translate this document? I know the couple were both widowers. This is the 2nd marriage for my g-g-grandmother. I am so excited I found this because I can find the ...
- 26 Mar 2015, 15:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can someone assist me with translating these documents?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1397
Can someone assist me with translating these documents?
This morning I found these two 1911 marriage certificates on http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/. I was excited to see that some documents from Ragusa were added.
Giovanni Augello and Carmella Augello are siblings. I want to learn how to read these documents for myself so I don't have to ...
Giovanni Augello and Carmella Augello are siblings. I want to learn how to read these documents for myself so I don't have to ...
- 19 Jun 2014, 19:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Should I give up hope?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4580
Re: Should I give up hope?
marty (adelfio), you mentioned the LDS films of Registri dello stato civile di Schio (Vicenza), 1806-1905. I rechecked the film details to make sure I didn't miss anything. If you look, there is a gap in time from 1815 or so til about 1871. So I would need church records from Schio to fill in the ...
- 19 Jun 2014, 16:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Should I give up hope?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4580
Re: Should I give up hope?
Wow, that really stinks. Ugh, so sorry. It sounds like from reading all the different posts, every comune handles things differently. I am waiting for something back from Ragusa, Sicily - who knows if I will or not.
So sorry to hear about your experience. At this point you may want to have someone ...
So sorry to hear about your experience. At this point you may want to have someone ...
- 19 Jun 2014, 15:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Should I give up hope?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4580
Re: Should I give up hope?
Carmen, I mailed the letter 5/19, the postmark from Schio was dated 6/6, and it arrived in my mailbox a week later.
- 18 Jun 2014, 23:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Should I give up hope?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 4580
Re: Should I give up hope?
Hi, thanks for the replies!
Now that you asked, I absolutely forgot to add ID in the envelope. I think I meant to, then I got sidetracked and sealed the envelopes and took them to the post office.
I did not consult the LDS records for Schio, since the years that my great-great-grandfather was born ...
Now that you asked, I absolutely forgot to add ID in the envelope. I think I meant to, then I got sidetracked and sealed the envelopes and took them to the post office.
I did not consult the LDS records for Schio, since the years that my great-great-grandfather was born ...