If you come across any info relating to the Caressas, that would be wonderful.
Thanks again.
Search found 19 matches
- 01 Sep 2024, 23:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Ambrosio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 825
- 01 Sep 2024, 23:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Ambrosio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 825
Re: D'Ambrosio
Thank you very much!!!!
- 01 Sep 2024, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Ambrosio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 825
D'Ambrosio
I have posted on this forum before regarding my maternal ancestors but now have a little more information. I have tried to search the registries for Trani but my lack of Italian has made searching very difficult.
My great-grandfather - Pasquale D'Ambrosio - was born in Greece in 1884 because his ...
My great-grandfather - Pasquale D'Ambrosio - was born in Greece in 1884 because his ...
- 07 Aug 2024, 00:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Covatta in Campobasso
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2182
Re: Covatta in Campobasso
I owe you both! If you're ever in Canada......
- 06 Aug 2024, 23:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Covatta in Campobasso
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2182
Re: Covatta in Campobasso
Thank you sooooo much Tessa. You're a genius. It would have taken me forever to find these - especially since my Italian is basic. Based on ages, and year of marriage, these appear to indeed be Liberato's parents. I'll print these out and have a much closer look. You'd know better than I, but the ...
- 05 Aug 2024, 14:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Covatta in Campobasso
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2182
Re: Covatta in Campobasso
Yes, Tessa. You sorted out the Covatta name for me. Thank you.
- 05 Aug 2024, 03:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Covatta in Campobasso
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2182
Re: Covatta in Campobasso
Yes. The 2015 query was how I got the surname Covatta. I went on to trace the other side of my family and only recently came back to the Battistas. Unfortunately I've been unable to to find anything. I've just recently started looking into Antenati. But not having the name of the community is making ...
- 04 Aug 2024, 23:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Covatta in Campobasso
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2182
Covatta in Campobasso
My GG Grandmother was Rosalina Covatta and she married Dominic Battista. I have this information from the marriage certificate of my great-grandfather Liberato Battista who emigrated to Canada in 1895. In the Canadian census documents and according to family members, he said he had been born in the ...
- 12 Jun 2015, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caressa family from Trani
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2069
Re: Caressa family from Trani
Hi Tessa. The De Nalle name came from the back of a photograph of Domenica that my great-aunt has (Felicetta"s daughter). I know Maria (Felicetta's mother) was still alive in the mid-1960s at nearly 100 years old when Felicetta went home to see her mother for the first time in 60 years. Rocco was ...
- 12 Jun 2015, 03:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Caressa family from Trani
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2069
Caressa family from Trani
My great grandmother was Felicetta Caressa. Her mother was Maria and she had a brother named Rocco, sister Domenica who married someone whose surname was De Nalle. She married Pasquale D'Ambrosio in Romania (he was a merchant marine and she joined him in Romania). She emigrated to Canada in 1906 and ...
- 07 Jun 2015, 22:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Liberato Battista
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2159
Re: Liberato Battista
I don't know. His children always referred to Campobasso as to where their father's family came from. I have questioned his grandchildren and they can't be specific.
- 07 Jun 2015, 20:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Liberato Battista
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2159
Re: Liberato Battista
Hi Marty,
Campobasso was the birthplace of Liberato Battista. Carmela was born in Lustra - and yes Angelo is her brother. Liberato and Carmela only met when she came to Canada.
R
Campobasso was the birthplace of Liberato Battista. Carmela was born in Lustra - and yes Angelo is her brother. Liberato and Carmela only met when she came to Canada.
R
- 07 Jun 2015, 02:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Liberato Battista
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2159
Re: Liberato Battista
Thank you Tessa. The first is definitely my great grandfather. He arrived in New York from Liverpool and came to Canada to live with a cousin. His parents names were definitely Dominic and Rosalina as these were the names listed on his marriage license. They never came to Canada. Liberato's mother's ...
- 07 Jun 2015, 01:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Liberato Battista
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2159
Liberato Battista
my great grandfather was Liberato Battista, son of Dominic Battista and Rosalina Cossetta (?). He was born in 1874 in Campo Basso. He emigrated to Canada (Ontario) in 1895 out of Liverpool England. He married Carmela Infante in Canada - they did not know each other in Italy. She was born in 1878 in ...
- 24 Mar 2014, 02:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Liberato Battista married to Carmela Infante
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1212
Liberato Battista married to Carmela Infante
These are my great grandparents who married, lived and died in Cornwall, Ontario. I have been able to trace Carmela back to Lustra but have been unable to find anything on Liberato. I know they met in Canada so they don't appear to be from the same area of Italy. Based on their marriage license, his ...