Search found 33 matches
- 21 Apr 2016, 23:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2545
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
No I didn't.. the only legitimate proof that I have of her birth year is on her gravestone (1891). But I have her brother's draft cards which both say he was born in February 1892.. which doesn't really give her mother much time between giving birth in 1891 to conceiving another child within at most ...
- 19 Apr 2016, 03:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Degni and Forgione
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1610
Re: Degni and Forgione
Do you know where in Italy they were born?
- 18 Apr 2016, 22:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NY/Italian records for Maria A'Matruto
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1131
NY/Italian records for Maria A'Matruto
I'm looking for any information on my 3x Great grandmother Maria A'Matruto. I only saw her name once, in the 1915 NYS Census, in the household of her son-in-law, my 2x great grandfather, Francesco Proto. Her daughter's name was Filomena Proto nee Cretella. The info from the census is as follows ...
- 18 Apr 2016, 03:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2545
Re: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
Thank you! I was able to find her sister Antonia on page 914.
- 18 Apr 2016, 03:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Filomeno Manzari born in 1908 Casamassima
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2471
Re: Filomeno Manzari born in 1908 Casamassima
I am trying to find out the names and ages? of Filomeno ( wife was Maria) Manzari' twin sons. Thank you in advance for any help with this!
Online birth records for Cassamassima are available only through 1911.
You will need to write to the town to request information about the children of ...
Online birth records for Cassamassima are available only through 1911.
You will need to write to the town to request information about the children of ...
- 18 Apr 2016, 02:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with distinguishing a birth year.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2545
Help with distinguishing a birth year.
Im looking for my 2x great grandmother's birth certificate, and I have the link to the list of certificates, but I can't read the handwriting to find the year I am looking for. Her name was Filomena DiGianni, daughter of Angela Macchia and Joseph DiGianni, born in 1891 in Sant'Angelo Lombardi ...
- 18 Apr 2016, 02:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for great grandparents' birth/marriage certificates
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2339
- 18 Apr 2016, 02:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for great grandparents' birth/marriage certificates
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2339
Re: Looking for great grandparents' birth/marriage certificates
Microfilmed records for the town of Campolattaro (not currently online) are available through rental from a Mormon family history center, but only for the years 1809 to 1860. I suggest you contact the town directly at one of the email addresses below to inquire about the records for the dates you ...
- 17 Apr 2016, 21:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for great grandparents' birth/marriage certificates
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2339
Looking for great grandparents' birth/marriage certificates
I'm looking for the birth or marriage certificates of my great grandparents, Pasquale Zacchino and Maria Rosaria "Rose" Caiazzo.
Name: Pasquale Zacchino
Born: 25 March 1894, Campolattaro, Benevento, Campania, Italy
Died: 13 November 1973, Milford, CT
Mother: Nardone Liperata(Riperata)
Name: Maria ...
Name: Pasquale Zacchino
Born: 25 March 1894, Campolattaro, Benevento, Campania, Italy
Died: 13 November 1973, Milford, CT
Mother: Nardone Liperata(Riperata)
Name: Maria ...
- 14 Mar 2016, 01:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage of Antonio Marra and Teresa di Vito
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1014
Marriage of Antonio Marra and Teresa di Vito
Hey all,
I was wondering if someone could tell me the marriage year(I think it's 1882) and the ages of the bride and groom. Also, do the mothers share the same last name??
Number 10
Grazie,
Erik
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G97V-Y7KP?mode=g&i=2300&wc=MPF4-92S%3A348439701 ...
I was wondering if someone could tell me the marriage year(I think it's 1882) and the ages of the bride and groom. Also, do the mothers share the same last name??
Number 10
Grazie,
Erik
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G97V-Y7KP?mode=g&i=2300&wc=MPF4-92S%3A348439701 ...
- 24 Nov 2013, 02:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help after a birth certificate.
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1337
Help after a birth certificate.
After months of looking I've finally been able to locate the name of my GG Grandfather's mother's name, who died when he was a young boy. Although her name really helps, I don't know what to do know since I still can't find any travel records of a Carmine Morro?\/Marra(my GG Grandfather) or his ...
- 22 Nov 2013, 01:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Pre Ellis Island.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4661
Re: Pre Ellis Island.
I know that this is kind of late but o my god THANK YOU SUSAN. You found the name to a missing link and I am so happy
- 19 Sep 2013, 22:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Pre Ellis Island.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4661
Re: Pre Ellis Island.
Hey guys! Thanks for the responses. I saw the thread that you replied with and I don't think I saw the response to it. I'm going to get a copy so I can find out more on him. Thanks for all the help!!!!

- 19 Sep 2013, 01:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Pre Ellis Island.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4661
Re: Pre Ellis Island.
Also his mother died sometime before 1900 and he was placed in an orphanage until he turned 14 when his father took him out so he could work.
- 19 Sep 2013, 01:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Pre Ellis Island.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4661
Re: Pre Ellis Island.
Hey Erudita. Thank you for the offer.
His name was Carmine Morro b.1885 and came with his mother Theresa. They arrived around 1888-1891. His father left them for America several years prior. They were from Avellino.
Erik
His name was Carmine Morro b.1885 and came with his mother Theresa. They arrived around 1888-1891. His father left them for America several years prior. They were from Avellino.
Erik