Search found 16 matches
- 19 Mar 2018, 15:27
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4616
Re: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
Thanks Debra! That's great news that they're going to amend you Grandparents record too!
- 13 Mar 2018, 19:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1942
Re: Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
You should be able to write to the town that your GF was born in for the birth record or you can use a company to take care of it for you. You shouldn't need an apostille for a document coming from Italy, as one site says; the birth certificate must be either in "formato internazionale", or in ...
- 13 Mar 2018, 16:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How big of a problem is misspelling on a naturalization document for Jure Sanguinis?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3971
How big of a problem is misspelling on a naturalization document for Jure Sanguinis?
Ciao,
I'm waiting for an index search to get copies of my G-GF naturalization document, but believe I found it online and there might be a problem. The issue is the online document says he changed his name as part of this and the "original" spelling is not as I have found it in birth records. The ...
I'm waiting for an index search to get copies of my G-GF naturalization document, but believe I found it online and there might be a problem. The issue is the online document says he changed his name as part of this and the "original" spelling is not as I have found it in birth records. The ...
- 13 Mar 2018, 14:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5588
Re: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
Thank you again suanj, that sounds rather likely the way things layout, I will look for Ignazio's address in Chicago.
Ciao,
Max
Ciao,
Max
- 12 Mar 2018, 19:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5588
Re: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
Wow suanj, great info! I have to agree that the arrival document you found certainly looks to be Giuseppa (just wondering if she was with anyone, 16 on a ship like that sounds unlikely. I found birth info from Trabia for an Ignazio that confirms Giuseppa had a brother named Ingnazio born 1889. I ...
- 12 Mar 2018, 15:04
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4616
Re: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
Debra, I've only been calling so far. I found the request form online to send in a check with and have them search, but wasn't sure it was worth bothering with. I read something about only doing genealogical certificates and I need a certified copy. I must be misunderstanding that though... I should ...
- 11 Mar 2018, 17:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5588
Re: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
The year Josephine arrived is questionable. I cannot find Census info on either of them for 1910, but the 1920 Census says 1912 and 1930 has1908... I don't see it in 1940.
I don't have anything concrete on their arrivals... My aunt said Josephine went to Louisiana first and Emanuele headed to ...
I don't have anything concrete on their arrivals... My aunt said Josephine went to Louisiana first and Emanuele headed to ...
- 11 Mar 2018, 17:14
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4616
Re: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
Thanks for sharing chamomile. Sorry to hear it's been a tough experience though, I guess I better dig in and be prepared for one too. I don't doubt for a second the names are going to be wrong in some way on my GGP too, it's crazy how many different versions I've seen so far. I hope you get them to ...
- 10 Mar 2018, 15:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5588
Re: Looking for records Italian ancestors and could use some help
Thank you very much for your help suanj. The first is my great aunt, second and third are my G-GF, and I'm going to have to investigate the last one. The name and age look to my GG-GF from Trabia, but I don't know that he ever left Trabia. Maybe he took a trip early on and gave the family info upon ...
- 09 Mar 2018, 00:11
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4616
Chicago, Cook County, Illinois Marriage Certificate from 1912
Ciao,
I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems getting a certified copy of an old marriage license from Cook County Illinois, hopefully with a positive outcome.
I'm planning to claim my Italian citizenship through my G-GF, so I need this for my documentation (it's my Great-Grandparents). I ...
I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems getting a certified copy of an old marriage license from Cook County Illinois, hopefully with a positive outcome.
I'm planning to claim my Italian citizenship through my G-GF, so I need this for my documentation (it's my Great-Grandparents). I ...
- 08 Mar 2018, 23:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: US naturalization doc search request
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3040
Re: US naturalization doc search request
Thanks for the reply hallsandgrants. I started with an Ancestry membership but didn't find much so I canceled it. I actually found more and better info for free on FamilySearch.org. I know it's different for pretty much everybody though.
- 08 Mar 2018, 22:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: US naturalization doc search request
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3040
Re: US naturalization doc search request
Hallsandgrants,
Can you tell me how to look up these naturalization documents online? I have an index search in but would love to put myself at ease by confirming before the months pass that I hear it takes for the index search to come back.
Ciao, Max
Can you tell me how to look up these naturalization documents online? I have an index search in but would love to put myself at ease by confirming before the months pass that I hear it takes for the index search to come back.
Ciao, Max
- 06 Mar 2018, 22:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship through ICGS / myitaliancitizenship.com
- Replies: 18
- Views: 25963
Re: Dual Citizenship through ICGS / myitaliancitizenship.com
TSettimo, I just wanted to thank you for your comment. Even though the post is old, I found it in my search and it is helpful.
I've located all but a few of the documents I need, but since I don't have a lot of time to devote to this, or knowledge of the process, I plan to hire one of the services ...
I've located all but a few of the documents I need, but since I don't have a lot of time to devote to this, or knowledge of the process, I plan to hire one of the services ...
- 06 Mar 2018, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cudia Family Research
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4953
Re: Cudia Family Research
Does anyone know where to find birth records for San Vito lo Capo, Trapani, Italy for 1925 ?
- 06 Mar 2018, 03:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Am I eligible for dual citizenship???
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3857
Am I eligible for dual citizenship???
Ciao,
I'm pretty sure I have this right but would like some confirmation. I'll be going the route of GGF - GF - F
GGF and GGM were both Italian born in the 1890's and came over around 1905-1915
GF was born in the U.S. 1922
GGF became a citizen after my GF's birth, I think it was in the 1940's ...
I'm pretty sure I have this right but would like some confirmation. I'll be going the route of GGF - GF - F
GGF and GGM were both Italian born in the 1890's and came over around 1905-1915
GF was born in the U.S. 1922
GGF became a citizen after my GF's birth, I think it was in the 1940's ...