Search found 13 matches
- 27 Jul 2018, 01:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1763
1903 Naturalization - Can't find Oath/Oath#?
I'm not sure if this is a normal thing for early naturalizations, but I keep seeing mention of "find the 8 digit number on the oath" of naturalization, but when looking at my ancestor's declaration/petition I can't find one anywhere nor additional pages that look like some of the others I've seen ...
- 26 Jul 2018, 02:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Thank you so much suanj for your time and effort. :)
I suppose in that case who I'm looking for is:
Vincenzo Di Laura, Born 1880
Father: Nicolo Di Laura
Mother: Maria Salvatore, born 1860-1861
and his wife
Maria Saracena, Born 1881*
Father: [x] Saracena (could guess that as their second son was ...
I suppose in that case who I'm looking for is:
Vincenzo Di Laura, Born 1880
Father: Nicolo Di Laura
Mother: Maria Salvatore, born 1860-1861
and his wife
Maria Saracena, Born 1881*
Father: [x] Saracena (could guess that as their second son was ...
- 24 Jul 2018, 20:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Thank you so much for the help and info!
I have a case of children on the Irish side of my family adopted by aunt who took her name when coming with her to the US, so my brain was looking for such connections in bias. 
- 24 Jul 2018, 09:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Thank you suanj! I came to a similar conclusion when I realized the "James Cunzo" on Maria's 1900 census where she's living with her new husband... is not his son, but hers, James=Vincenzo!
I also believe that to be the correct ship manifest.
Can you tell me what's going on in this birth record ...
I also believe that to be the correct ship manifest.
Can you tell me what's going on in this birth record ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 21:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Very good call. :)
This appears to be the (slightly mangled data) marriage record for Vincenzio's mother remarrying to Antonio Conzo/Cunzo in 1899:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24ZN-BXL
I struggle to read the handwriting... is this possibly Maria Salvatore's birth record?
http ...
This appears to be the (slightly mangled data) marriage record for Vincenzio's mother remarrying to Antonio Conzo/Cunzo in 1899:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:24ZN-BXL
I struggle to read the handwriting... is this possibly Maria Salvatore's birth record?
http ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 19:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Argh, another wall!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Chieti/Stato+civile+italiano/Villa+Santa+Maria/Nati/1884/109/101849909_00010.jpg.html
This is 1883 Vincenzo's birth entry with an added stamp saying he married in Pescolanciano, Molise, Campobasso in 1916 (at age 33 ...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Chieti/Stato+civile+italiano/Villa+Santa+Maria/Nati/1884/109/101849909_00010.jpg.html
This is 1883 Vincenzo's birth entry with an added stamp saying he married in Pescolanciano, Molise, Campobasso in 1916 (at age 33 ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 11:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
... I just found Maria Salvatore, 33 and Vincenzo Salvatore, 12, no other family members, on the manifest for the Matteo Bruzzo arriving 4/26/1892 - same year from the consistently reported census arrival year, the exact month and date of Vincenzo's naturalization petition, but his petition has it ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 09:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Hmm, when I dug through year by year on the Villa Santa Maria records, it looks like Maria[nna] Salvatore and Filippo/Fillipo di Lello had 7 children between 1877-1893, at least 4 of which died at birth/early. I find this most interesting as in her 1910 census in New York, Mary Cunzo is listed as "7 ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 08:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
I have another possible lead I'm investigating that I'd love to throw out there for more expertise. :D
Vincenzo's mother has a death certificate index listing her father's name as "Salvatore", approx birth year 1962
The additional census above indicates Vincenzo's grandmother was named Antonia.
I ...
Vincenzo's mother has a death certificate index listing her father's name as "Salvatore", approx birth year 1962
The additional census above indicates Vincenzo's grandmother was named Antonia.
I ...
- 22 Jul 2018, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
I've all but confirmed that Vincenzio's wife was maiden Maria/Mary Saraceno, that they were not living together in 1900 but were in 1905 - that was a fun one, his mother-in-law is listed as Delia Saraceno in 1900 and Delia "Sararineo" in 1905 census... transcription translation is great. :D
Now to ...
Now to ...
- 21 Jul 2018, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
I found matching information for that birth act as well and now have a copy on order. 
I also have a digital copy of Vincenzo's naturalization petition on order and hopefully somewhere in there/declaration information has more family details.
I also have a digital copy of Vincenzo's naturalization petition on order and hopefully somewhere in there/declaration information has more family details.
- 21 Jul 2018, 17:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Re: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
tessa78: correct on all counts! Wow, I had found the index to his petition but hadn't somehow found the petition itself 
adelfio: yep!
bbviona: THANK YOU so much for interpreting the writing on that census as Cunzo and finding her under that name elsewhere. I'll dig down that route today.
adelfio: yep!
bbviona: THANK YOU so much for interpreting the writing on that census as Cunzo and finding her under that name elsewhere. I'll dig down that route today.
- 21 Jul 2018, 07:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 7870
Reached a wall tracing Diloura/DeLoura family back to Italy
Hi everyone,
Firstly, after reading through multiple other threads in the last few weeks for others' tips on finding family members and dealing with inconsistent/incomplete documents, a huge thank you to everyone who contributes their skills and expertise on these forums. :)
My family (DeLaura in ...
Firstly, after reading through multiple other threads in the last few weeks for others' tips on finding family members and dealing with inconsistent/incomplete documents, a huge thank you to everyone who contributes their skills and expertise on these forums. :)
My family (DeLaura in ...