It’s possible but I’m not sure. My 2x Great grandmother was born in the U.S. in 1886, Carlotta Prato.
Search found 16 matches
- 02 Jun 2019, 00:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Prato & Raffo Family from Genoa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1059
Re: Prato & Raffo Family from Genoa
- 31 May 2019, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Prato & Raffo Family from Genoa
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1059
Prato & Raffo Family from Genoa
Hello All,
My 3x Great Grandparents are Paolo Prato and Emilia Raffo. According to a 1900 census Paolo Prato was born December 1833. Emilia Raffo was born September 1843. They both immigrated to the U.S. June 24, 1873. I need help with finding their Marriage records and birth records. They came ...
My 3x Great Grandparents are Paolo Prato and Emilia Raffo. According to a 1900 census Paolo Prato was born December 1833. Emilia Raffo was born September 1843. They both immigrated to the U.S. June 24, 1873. I need help with finding their Marriage records and birth records. They came ...
- 24 Mar 2019, 18:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antenati Site
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1507
Re: Antenati Site
I have been experiencing the same issue.
- 24 Mar 2019, 01:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cappello Family From Vittoria, Ragusa
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1338
Re: Cappello Family From Vittoria, Ragusa
The naturalization papers list Giorgio being born in Vittoria. I am searching for Giorgio’s birth papers but have not been able to find them.
- 23 Mar 2019, 14:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cappello Family From Vittoria, Ragusa
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1338
Cappello Family From Vittoria, Ragusa
I am searching for records on my great grandfather Giorgio Cappello, born in 1892 Vittoria. He later married Rose Mazza in NYC. I searched the index for his birth year but cannot seem to find his birth record. A family member informed me his parent's names are Emanuel and Salvatrice. I have attached ...
- 24 Jan 2019, 04:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
I believe I just found it here! http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
- 24 Jan 2019, 03:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
So I just searched 1825 and could not find Carmelo Mazza's birth 
- 24 Jan 2019, 01:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
wow! Sounds like very tough times for the family back then.
I am now searching for Carmelo Mazza's birth certificate. Based off his death certificate he was 40 when he died in the year 1865. I am looking through the birth certificates from the year 1825. Should I be looking elsewhere? or is this ...
I am now searching for Carmelo Mazza's birth certificate. Based off his death certificate he was 40 when he died in the year 1865. I am looking through the birth certificates from the year 1825. Should I be looking elsewhere? or is this ...
- 22 Jan 2019, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
Gosh that criminal sentence is several pages long. Was being sentenced to hard labor for life common in those days? Or do I just have a crazy grandfather lol. From the death certificate I believe I can make out the father of Carmelo Mazza being Giacomo? Does that sound correct? Does it show Carmelo ...
- 22 Jan 2019, 13:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
You are correct. I made the mistake by assuming that was my Francesco Mazza. So should I always find the marriage document first and then the birth certificate? And never the other way around?
- 22 Jan 2019, 03:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
Thank you Pippo you have been a great help. Thanks to your help I believe I just found the birth certificate for my Francesco Mazza! Do you think this would be my ancestor based off of my previous known information.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Ragusa/Stato+civile ...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Ragusa/Stato+civile ...
- 19 Jan 2019, 04:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
When searching for Sal’s father Francesco all I can find is https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XVBV-44D
I’m not sure if this is the right Francesco as he was born in Arigento. Was it common for families to move to different cities during those times?
I’m not sure if this is the right Francesco as he was born in Arigento. Was it common for families to move to different cities during those times?
- 22 Dec 2018, 16:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
I was looking for the arrival date to the US for Salvatore Mazza. There are several Salvatore Mazza's who match in age but most of them came from other towns that don't seem to match my records. There's only one that comes close and his last place of residence shows Palazzolo Acreide, Sicily, which ...
- 22 Dec 2018, 14:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mazza family from Ragusa
- Replies: 20
- Views: 5044
Re: Mazza family from Ragusa
Thank you for your time and thank you for finding this information! I'm far from an expert in genealogy so please forgive my ignorance, is Vittoria Seracusa the same as Syracuse?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
- 19 Dec 2018, 02:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ragusa, 1748 Riveli
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7115
Re: Ragusa, 1748 Riveli
Wow that is great!
Can you send me the digital copy? My family names are Mazza, Scribano and Cappello.
Can you send me the digital copy? My family names are Mazza, Scribano and Cappello.