Search found 6 matches

by AllisonJordan
09 Apr 2019, 13:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest - Naples to New York - 1905
Replies: 5
Views: 1856

Re: Ship manifest - Naples to New York - 1905

Hey, Biff and Ellen, yes! You are both correct. He was born in 1892 in Riva. (Yes, Riva was under Austrian rule at the time.). I have been trying to find him for a long time and keep on finding dead ends. I had actually emailed with an Italian genealogist who said he had found a Giuseppe Maffi 16 ...
by AllisonJordan
05 Apr 2019, 14:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ship manifest - Naples to New York - 1905
Replies: 5
Views: 1856

Ship manifest - Naples to New York - 1905

Hello! I am looking for my great grandfather. His name in the United States was Joseph Peter Maffi. He came to the US in 1905 from Naples. He was born around 1890 and was from the Riva del Garda area in northern Italy. Does anyone have the ship manifest for 1905 from Naples to New York? His name ...
by AllisonJordan
27 Jan 2019, 09:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maffi - Riva, Trentino
Replies: 8
Views: 2173

Re: Maffi - Riva, Trentino

Hey, yes! His father was Carlo and his mother was Rosa DaLesandra. I tried the link that Paola sent, but I cannot find him. I am at a loss here!
by AllisonJordan
22 Jan 2019, 19:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maffi - Riva, Trentino
Replies: 8
Views: 2173

Re: Maffi - Riva, Trentino

I followed the link you sent, but I don’t see any files when I follow the links. Am I missing something? Thanks for your response, ffusiak.
by AllisonJordan
22 Jan 2019, 19:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maffi - Riva, Trentino
Replies: 8
Views: 2173

Re: Maffi - Riva, Trentino

Thanks for sending the church records. Sorry! I reversed the year, May 5, 1892! 😂
by AllisonJordan
20 Jan 2019, 13:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maffi - Riva, Trentino
Replies: 8
Views: 2173

Maffi - Riva, Trentino

I am searching for my great grandfather’s birth record and family. I have quite a few documents in the USA that say he was from Riva (city), several documents say he was from Trentino (region) and one document says he was from Tranto. Looking at a map I see Riva del Garda is in Trento, Trentino-Alto ...