Search found 6 matches

by cdnicosia
06 Feb 2021, 21:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Unraveling the Cirota's of Giungano
Replies: 7
Views: 1613

Re: Unraveling the Cirota's of Giungano

Yes, this seems to be the story I've been uncovering from Francesco. There seems to be a Cirota Palace in Agropoli. I wonder if that is any relation to my family line in Giungano.
by cdnicosia
14 Dec 2020, 00:57
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify?
Replies: 3
Views: 1290

Do I qualify?

Hello, I hope this doesn't seem redundant in another post. My great grandfather was born in NY in 1906, my great great grandfather was born in Giungano in 1869 and lived in NY from 1899 until his death in 1915. I am able to find naturalization records for Jan 1911 which would make my great ...
by cdnicosia
14 Dec 2020, 00:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help
Replies: 6
Views: 2165

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for the time and effort you put into helping me on this quest. I truly appreciate it!!
by cdnicosia
17 Aug 2020, 16:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Unraveling the Cirota's of Giungano
Replies: 7
Views: 1613

Unraveling the Cirota's of Giungano

I have been on this journey for a while but I am having such a hard time finding the correct records for my family in Giungano. My great grandfather was Francesco Cirota who emigrated to NY in the 1890's and was born in Giungano around 1869. On his marriage license he has his father as Romano Cirota ...
by cdnicosia
01 May 2019, 14:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help
Replies: 6
Views: 2165

Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Hi! I have traced my father's side back to Italy finally but have hit some snags. My great great grandfather was Francesco Cirota and he came from Giungano. There's a story in my family that someone in our family was a mayor or a political figure and there was a bridge named for them (the cirota ...
by cdnicosia
30 Apr 2019, 20:00
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Aviglianese nickname - Cirota?
Replies: 6
Views: 2333

Re: Aviglianese nickname - Cirota?

Hi! My maiden name is Cirota. I've been struggling to find exactly when my family came over from italy in any of our searches. My grandfather is Louis and his father Louis and his father Frank and have lived in new york. Have you gone any further in your search or found any additional information?