Search found 34 matches
- 31 May 2020, 07:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for 2 possible births for Lamaina
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1001
Looking for 2 possible births for Lamaina
Hello, it has been a while. I need a little help to check on a birth and to confirm one. First, I am looking for a Lorenzo Lamaina born in or around Donato, Italy about Feb 1871. Parents should be father,Vito Nicola Lamaina, and mother, Donata Pintozzi. Second, In Garaguso's birth records year 1871 ...
- 28 Dec 2019, 23:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading death racords.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 952
Re: Reading death racords.
Thank you.
- 28 Dec 2019, 07:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading death racords.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 952
Reading death racords.
Good evening, I have just started to research death records. If I am doing it correctly. In the copy attached the first section is just telling me who from the government is recording. The second section is who died and some form or relation declaring. Then first line of third tells me the ago of ...
- 30 Nov 2019, 07:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating this occupation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1542
Re: Help translating this occupation
Thank you for the help. Does this mean he was some kind of medical person. Or, is this just a single profession in itself?
- 23 Nov 2019, 07:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating this occupation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1542
Help translating this occupation
Good evening, this is from Garaguso birth records year 1878, image 13, event 29 if you want to see the original. It should be the occupation of the father. I can not find a translation. Can someone Help?
- 22 Oct 2019, 05:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Hello again, I hope all is well. I have been going through the birth records from Garaguso. Two things seem odd, first sometimes the ages seem off by a few years for father and mother from two different births. Is this normal for very old records? Second, I have found a few cases that the mother ...
- 12 Oct 2019, 20:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Disregard 2 previous postings. I see the number on the left is not the event in the log. It is just the numbering of the log. Sorry to bother you.
- 12 Oct 2019, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Also, I am reading the name of the child as Constantina Antonia but on record it looks like Anna Lucia?
- 12 Oct 2019, 19:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Hello, Hope all is well. Can I ask you to do me a favor. In birth records year 1827 event 11, image #19. I am reading the father's name as Fortunato(30yo) and Mother's a Madelena(29). Took place on 4/15. But when I look at the index the date seems wrong and the parent's names seem wrong or I can ...
- 04 Oct 2019, 10:43
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Goverment Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2274
Goverment Records
Good morning, Still a little new to this site. Does anyone know if there is a site for people who held government offices or positions?
- 29 Sep 2019, 01:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Thank you, That is what I was looking at. I did know if he was a doctor or midwife/person. I saw his name appeared on all the records. He is just a government official attesting to the birth. It looks like he is related to me. There is a posting from kristin676 that explains a relationship. Thanks ...
- 28 Sep 2019, 23:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
- 28 Sep 2019, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Hello, I have been getting better at reading the records you sent me the links to. On the birth site years 1816 - 1820 I see a Lamaina, (can't make out first name-looks like) Lorocenzo. Maybe you can make out the first name. Also, it has Eletto after the name. Do you know what this means?
- 15 Sep 2019, 21:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Lamaina
- Replies: 39
- Views: 11884
Re: Looking for Lamaina
Is the mother's age on the Birth certificate?
- 15 Sep 2019, 01:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for departures for Lamaina's
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1125
Looking for departures for Lamaina's
Hello, I have a few name and arrival dates and even ship names for a few of my relatives. Most left from Naples. Is there any kind of listing show persons departing for the US.