They had a son named Amedeo born the 28th of september 1879, in Santa Maria ligure.
https://www.familysearch.org/records/images/image-details?page=1&place=11021546&lifeEvent=102243&rmsId=TH-1961-28494-17206-99&imageIndex=132&singleView=true
Unfortunately most of the books in Santa Margherita and ...
Search found 39 matches
- 02 Jan 2024, 07:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rovegno / Hall
- Replies: 3
- Views: 959
- 02 Jan 2024, 06:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Civil officials "bending" the truth?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 640
Civil officials "bending" the truth?
I have a marriage bann posted in the city of Fano, 1810. The spouse is Giacomo Antognoni, son of Antonio Antognoni and Maddalena Adanti.
When the marriage happens later, his mother's name changes, now it is Antonio Antognoni and Giovanna, figlia del fu Domenico Bonetti.
In the parish he was born in ...
When the marriage happens later, his mother's name changes, now it is Antonio Antognoni and Giovanna, figlia del fu Domenico Bonetti.
In the parish he was born in ...
- 03 Dec 2023, 01:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 719
Re: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
You might say you need it for inheritance issues.
However, even if they believe you, they might send you certificates, instead of copies of the records
Unlikely, since I've already once requested the record unfortunately. They probably will never respond to me, but this is a helpful option for ...
- 30 Nov 2023, 23:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1349
Re: Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
Thank you! This makes some sense, especially more sense in the Napoleonic times when registration was very new!
I have frequently seen surname and sopranome interchanged, but only a few times have I seen one person have so many names!
I guess this early confusion has created quite a few names...
I have frequently seen surname and sopranome interchanged, but only a few times have I seen one person have so many names!
I guess this early confusion has created quite a few names...
- 30 Nov 2023, 22:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: "Valid legal reasons" workaround?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 719
"Valid legal reasons" workaround?
Hi all!
Am having some trouble with an ufficio dello stato civile. I am trying to obtain some records from pre 1900 which, in any common sense, should by now be public information!
But this particular office insists they cannot issue it without a valid legal reason. I have the exact dates, locations ...
Am having some trouble with an ufficio dello stato civile. I am trying to obtain some records from pre 1900 which, in any common sense, should by now be public information!
But this particular office insists they cannot issue it without a valid legal reason. I have the exact dates, locations ...
- 24 Nov 2023, 07:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1349
Re: Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
Thanks for taking the time to read & respond!
So the "detto" is not a sopranome? I understood this to be the sopranome, but perhaps it indicates the other surname this person or family goes by?
It seems people in this area were very inconsistent about their own names! The sopranome and cognome were ...
So the "detto" is not a sopranome? I understood this to be the sopranome, but perhaps it indicates the other surname this person or family goes by?
It seems people in this area were very inconsistent about their own names! The sopranome and cognome were ...
- 21 Nov 2023, 09:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pavan Family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 879
Re: Pavan Family
Unfortunate, looks like antenati only has records for the Napoleonic period here! Che noioso!
Have you tried contacting the stato civile or archivio del comune or the archivio diocesano there? Your dates are specific enough that you (should) be able to find him🙂
https://www.diocesitv.it/uffici ...
Have you tried contacting the stato civile or archivio del comune or the archivio diocesano there? Your dates are specific enough that you (should) be able to find him🙂
https://www.diocesitv.it/uffici ...
- 21 Nov 2023, 08:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1349
Sopranomi can be so annoying!!
Sorry for a longer post! A lot of context (and some frustration) here:
I had one ancestor in my tree who was named Maria Ditomaso. Then I found the birth record of my 3rd great grandmother, it says her mother is Maria Ditomaso and the name Biagioni scratched out. So I do some research and I end up ...
I had one ancestor in my tree who was named Maria Ditomaso. Then I found the birth record of my 3rd great grandmother, it says her mother is Maria Ditomaso and the name Biagioni scratched out. So I do some research and I end up ...
- 21 Nov 2023, 08:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandfather's Death Record in Marriage Package
- Replies: 2
- Views: 666
Re: Grandfather's Death Record in Marriage Package
I have made some.very good progress with this myself!
At least in the area I research, during Napoleonic registration, it was quite common to get the death records of the parents and both grandparents. I have seen one that had the death records of the grooms parents, and both of his sets of ...
At least in the area I research, during Napoleonic registration, it was quite common to get the death records of the parents and both grandparents. I have seen one that had the death records of the grooms parents, and both of his sets of ...
- 21 Feb 2023, 13:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1305
Re: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
To gauge accuracy, it's helpful to identify who the informant was. You'd expect a close relative to be more accurate.
I definitely agree, that's why I generally prefer civil registration records, because they recorded such information. Sadly, this town's civil office only releases records for ...
- 14 Feb 2023, 22:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1305
Re: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
If I understand, the record states he was "born in 1813" rather than he was "xx years"?
It's really weird...can you show us the record?
Hi Pippo, this is one of the things that I found so abnormal about this record. Because I have not seen any other records written by this particular priest, I ...
- 10 Feb 2023, 06:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1305
Re: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
Thanks, glad to hear another opinion on this one!
Something about this one seemed slightly more strange, however I have often seen discrepancies like this before, my lack of documents made this one feel shaker!
Thanks for your help!
Something about this one seemed slightly more strange, however I have often seen discrepancies like this before, my lack of documents made this one feel shaker!
Thanks for your help!
- 09 Feb 2023, 22:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1305
Age inaccuracy + weird age listing
My third great grandfather was Giulio figlio di Giacomo Biondi, born in the parish of San Cesareo, Fano, Italy.
According to his death record, as well as his birth place, they list his birth YEAR, the record taker says he was born in 1813. Because it is a church record I have no idea who gave the ...
According to his death record, as well as his birth place, they list his birth YEAR, the record taker says he was born in 1813. Because it is a church record I have no idea who gave the ...
- 14 May 2022, 14:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Couples dying in the same year
- Replies: 3
- Views: 924
Re: Couples dying in the same year
Thank you! I had figured it was likely due to disease, but I wanted to know if other people had encountered this trend, so it seems I am not the only one!
I find the most frequent death ages at that time to have been mid 50's and early 70's, but perhaps that is just a speculative observation. It ...
I find the most frequent death ages at that time to have been mid 50's and early 70's, but perhaps that is just a speculative observation. It ...
- 02 May 2022, 02:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Couples dying in the same year
- Replies: 3
- Views: 924
Couples dying in the same year
My father's family come from the Fano and Cartoceto area of Marche, and I frequently have documents searched in the archives there, I have successfully uncovered about 75% of my tree back about 5 generations, however I have noticed a very unusual trend. Of my third Great grandparents on my father's ...