Search found 15 matches
- 07 Nov 2022, 00:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for records before 1809
- Replies: 2
- Views: 728
Re: Looking for records before 1809
For parishes, try seeing if they have a presence on Facebook. I have been able to keep in touch with a parish through Facebook messaging. You can also try contacting the Diocese. Additionally, you can reach out to ItalianParishRecords.org for advice. They are a non-profit dedicated to preserving ...
- 04 Sep 2022, 05:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for researcher in Caserta
- Replies: 1
- Views: 617
Re: Looking for researcher in Caserta
Hello! My ancestry is also from Vairano Patenora!
I reached out a couple of years ago to the San Bartolomeo Church via their Facebook, asking if the parish would be willing to provide me with a record.
The person who handles the church's social media account said they talked to the parish priest ...
I reached out a couple of years ago to the San Bartolomeo Church via their Facebook, asking if the parish would be willing to provide me with a record.
The person who handles the church's social media account said they talked to the parish priest ...
- 30 Jun 2022, 14:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 898
Re: Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
Thank you, I have sent you an email with more details.
- 29 Jun 2022, 13:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 898
Re: Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
Yes, it looks like I have that information. I can identify the corresponding parcels of land on the Italian government site (see the last link in my original post).
- 29 Jun 2022, 02:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 898
Anyone with a Codice Fiscale that can get a land record?
I received scans of land records owned by my great-grandfather in the 1910s from the Caserta State Archives.
I'm curious to see what became of this property and would be interested in getting the title history, like what is offered on this site here:
https://www.landfinder.it/main.asp?aff=AF0071 ...
I'm curious to see what became of this property and would be interested in getting the title history, like what is offered on this site here:
https://www.landfinder.it/main.asp?aff=AF0071 ...
- 17 Oct 2021, 17:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Land Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3133
Re: Italian Land Records Question
Thank you so much!!
Do you know in general what the documents are saying?
"Rendita Netta" is the income that was produced from the property, I assume? (They sold what they grew there?) But then amounts are nominal - these would be in lire, right? They are all 1 lira or less - I calculated to ...
Do you know in general what the documents are saying?
"Rendita Netta" is the income that was produced from the property, I assume? (They sold what they grew there?) But then amounts are nominal - these would be in lire, right? They are all 1 lira or less - I calculated to ...
- 17 Oct 2021, 13:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Land Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3133
Re: Italian Land Records Question
The names are Tomaso Santagata (my great-great grandfather), his third wife Luigia Fillipone, and Tomaso’s two sons (by his disceased second wife) Michelangelo and Elviro (my great-grandfather).
Tomaso died in 1914. Michelangelo died in 1917 (age 18). Elviro left Vairano for Providence, RI in 1924.
Tomaso died in 1914. Michelangelo died in 1917 (age 18). Elviro left Vairano for Providence, RI in 1924.
- 16 Oct 2021, 21:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giovanni Cerasuolo family of Serino Avellino
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4404
Re: Giovanni Cerasuolo family of Serino Avellino
The wonderful thing about Italian records is that they give you everybody's ages. Biago's father Donato was 33 years old at the time, so look for birth records in 1882-33=1849 (+/- 1 year) for the same town and you'll most likely find it!
You can keep chaining documents like this to the early 1800s ...
You can keep chaining documents like this to the early 1800s ...
- 16 Oct 2021, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Land Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3133
Re: Italian Land Records Question
It is possible to learn if he still is named as the owner.
How would I go about doing that? That would be incredibly shocking if it were still in the family! My great-grandfather's living children (my great-uncles and great-aunt) have no real recollection of this property and have never been to ...
- 16 Oct 2021, 14:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Land Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3133
Re: Italian Land Records Question
Thank you!!!
Do you see anything of particular interest to be gleaned?
My great-grandfather was the only surviving child (his older brother Michelangelo died young in 1917). He came to the United States in 1924, so I wonder what happened to all this land and why he left.
Do you see anything of particular interest to be gleaned?
My great-grandfather was the only surviving child (his older brother Michelangelo died young in 1917). He came to the United States in 1924, so I wonder what happened to all this land and why he left.
- 16 Oct 2021, 03:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Land Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3133
Italian Land Records Question
I received these land records from the Caserta state archives that detail land that was owned by my great-grandfather and his family. They lived in Vairano Patenora, Caserta.
I'm not entirely sure what they mean. It appears from across these documents that the family owned 7 parcels of land at one ...
I'm not entirely sure what they mean. It appears from across these documents that the family owned 7 parcels of land at one ...
- 21 Jul 2021, 15:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1924
Re: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
Thank you! So this would be the amount of money that their land produced? They were "contadini", so farmers, so this would presumably be the value of the produce they grew.
There are 4 entries that mention them - does this mean that they had 4 plots of land?
There are 4 entries that mention them - does this mean that they had 4 plots of land?
- 20 Jul 2021, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1924
Re: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
What year?
1913-1920…the columns on the left correspond to the year. I don’t know what the handwritten number means next to each year however.
Tomaso died in 1914, so I notice that there are no numbers written next to years after 1915 whenever he is the subject of the record.
Elviro left ...
- 20 Jul 2021, 22:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1924
Meaning of this Italian land/tax record?
I received some documentation from the Caserta State Archives in Italy - "Catasto Provvisorio Terreni, Matricole dei possessori" and my great-grandfather Elviro Santagata and his father Tomaso are present in it.
Would anyone know what information can be gleaned from this document? I suppose it ...
Would anyone know what information can be gleaned from this document? I suppose it ...
- 22 Jun 2021, 17:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Experience with Catasto Provvisorio Terreni in Caserta?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 5999
Experience with Catasto Provvisorio Terreni in Caserta?
The Caserta State Archives has a record collection called the "Catasto Provvsorio Terreni" that seems to have a detailed record of land ownership in the Caserta region, with land use records, land sales, and property values, from the early 1800s to the 1920s.
Has anyone here consulted these records ...
Has anyone here consulted these records ...