Search found 9 matches
- 17 Feb 2026, 22:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11158
Re: Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
All of those fascist laws are after the year of this document, 1923, so can't be the cause for it. And although generative LLMs can sometimes point to interesting avenues for research, I won't cite what one says as a source itself. So far I have no evidence that explains this document.
- 14 Feb 2026, 18:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11158
Re: Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
Thanks! Is there a source for that where I could learn more about what the rules were, what other steps there were, and when those changes happened? Is there a named law I could look up?
- 14 Feb 2026, 03:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11158
Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio - what is it?
Below is a transcript of a document I have from my grandfather. I can translate the words, but don't understand the context. What exactly is an Atto di Richiesta d'Espatrio? When and why was it required?
Also, is it possible they lied about being related? I've researched the ancestry of the ...
Also, is it possible they lied about being related? I've researched the ancestry of the ...
- 22 Jan 2026, 00:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Latin marriage record: No father? Surname change? (LA TERRA)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3550
Latin marriage record: No father? Surname change? (LA TERRA)
I'm looking at the processetti for the marriage of Francesco Dierna & Teresa Veca . Processetti document #6 is listed as "Nell'atto di matrimonio del padre dello sposo d'onde resulta d'essere ignoto l'avo paterno dello sposo".
Trying to read it, what I've got is: "Marius la Terra [h?] filius natum ...
Trying to read it, what I've got is: "Marius la Terra [h?] filius natum ...
- 15 Jan 2026, 04:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Riveli handwriting help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8927
Re: Riveli handwriting help
Filippo’s surname may have been Rimbaudo which is currently Rimmaudo in Comiso.
This is a good strategy to follow. Search surnames in the town. Is it in Ragusa or Siracusa?
Is there a good way to do that other than just combing through the antenati register images? I've done that for a few ...
- 15 Jan 2026, 00:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Riveli handwriting help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8927
Re: Riveli handwriting help
(I've read a lot of Stato Civile but I'm not super experienced with Riveli, which seems like next-level difficulty.) My best guess is "R" but could be "B" or "V". And I think after it is "en" - but if the first letter is a "V", is the e just a flourish on it? I can't tell if the end is "ia" or maybe ...
- 14 Jan 2026, 19:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Riveli handwriting help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8927
Re: Riveli handwriting help
Ah thanks for clarifying the Beni Stab., that seems right. I wasn't familiar with "conf." for "confina", and misread Filippo as filius.
For the fourth name, my first guess was Mauro but on reflection it really doesn't seem like it - The first letter doesn't look like any other "M"s. One letter ...
For the fourth name, my first guess was Mauro but on reflection it really doesn't seem like it - The first letter doesn't look like any other "M"s. One letter ...
- 14 Jan 2026, 03:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Riveli handwriting help
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8927
Riveli handwriting help
Hoping for some help deciphering the names on this 1748 Riveli page from Comiso, Sicily.
What I can see:
Antonio Incrimone
Angela Elia
Mariano (?)
????? I can tell by the flourish that it's an abbreviation but no idea what for
Felicia
And in the top-right, Antonio's parents: Francesco ...
What I can see:
Antonio Incrimone
Angela Elia
Mariano (?)
????? I can tell by the flourish that it's an abbreviation but no idea what for
Felicia
And in the top-right, Antonio's parents: Francesco ...
- 13 Nov 2025, 18:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Comune not responding - letter format/suggestions?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3968
Comune not responding - letter format/suggestions?
TL;DR: No response to requests for 1901-1902 marriage record, how to proceed?
My ancestor was born in 1902, and was the eldest child in her family. We know the names of her parents (albeit with some slight inconsistencies), and I've looked through all the online antenati records of marriages in her ...
My ancestor was born in 1902, and was the eldest child in her family. We know the names of her parents (albeit with some slight inconsistencies), and I've looked through all the online antenati records of marriages in her ...