Question requarding certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Okay so now i can send that all in tomorrow...i finally have a day that i can go out to the post office on time.

Just one question is the province code the Codice Catastale?
User avatar
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 212
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:29

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by jwazevedo »

No, that's something else. The province code is the two letter abbreviation for the province, which is shown next to "Provincia" for your comune on the comuni.it website.

Good luck!
Jerry
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Oh okay thanks.

I sent my letter last week i think it was so hopefully they will get it and reply.

:)
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by PeterTimber »

another useful comuni site is www. nonsolocap.it and put in city,town or village name click cerca and up will come a website showing zip code, name of place, province and region. Click
on the place name and a website for the place will come up with www.tuttitalia.it............ scroll down to MUNICIPIO for address of Vital Stats (BMD certificates), Ufficio di Stato Civile, census etc.

=Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Need help on obtaining a Canadian Citizenship long form.

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Hey Jerry, i finally got the paper from the comune today.

Now what is left is to find out about the Canadian citizien search letter. They want a long form but I haven't got a clue to how to get a long form with out my mom having to reapply again for a long form of a citizenship card. Which by the way costs about 78 dollars...

So now, I need help on obtaining the Canadian Citizenship long form.

Which not even service canada could answer me over the phone. Any help from anyone who had to get this is appreicated.

Please and thanks!
User avatar
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 212
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:29

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by jwazevedo »

Congratulations, Graziella.

I didn't have to deal with the Canadian citizenship form, but I can tell you that the application form for recognition of citizenship, put out by the consulate in Vancouver, advises that this is how to get the document you need:

"By computer via the following website: www.cic.gc.ca – by telephone, an application will be mailed to you: (604) 666.2171"

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting the consulate directly for more info.

Good luck,
Jerry
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Okay, thanks I'll give it a try and see if that is good enough for them...



EDIT:

So I called yesterday and i got the information for getting a search letter, FINALLY, after going through service canada and getting : "I never heard of a search letter before" response from them. I was able to get through and talk to someone from canada immigration office...and they sent me a link with info on it regarding application for a search of citizenship records. ..

so i hope to send that in tomorrow :) thanks jerry again.

I'll keep this updated...
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Graziella_2134 wrote:Okay, thanks I'll give it a try and see if that is good enough for them...



EDIT:

So I called yesterday and i got the information for getting a search letter, FINALLY, after going through service canada and getting : "I never heard of a search letter before" response from them. I was able to get through and talk to someone from canada immigration office...and they sent me a link with info on it regarding application for a search of citizenship records. ..

so i hope to send that in tomorrow :) thanks jerry again.

I'll keep this updated...
Update: I sent in the information Nov 18 2009 for the search letter and i'm still waiting.

Anyone in canada that is looking for a search letter be aware that it takes 4 months for them to write it and send it to you.

I should get mine in march some time.
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Well it is may and I'm in Italy...and what i have now that is left is the Search Letter.

I had to send them my id , because they need that, and I guess i forgot to include that with my application. That was at the end of march so that probably delayed it longer... :(

maybe when i get back home in june i will have it. :(

Who knew that it takes longer on Canada's side to get a Search letter then it did to get my mom's birth certificate, from Italy.
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Okay so...update.

When I retunred home I found the search letter in the my pile of mail. THANK GOD!! :D

Yesterday I went to the consolate they said that they need the certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana. One more document!!

I have some help from italy this time around...:) I guess you can call him a boyfriend but he is going to mail the letter for me. I will write it up and then he will bring it to my zio and my zio will bring it to the comune.

so it will get there a bit quicker and possibly get done quicker.

now i have to find how to write a letter thought...I there a site that does it for you but I can't remember it and I don't even have it bookmarked.

does anyone know of this site?
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I think you meant to type "certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana"

If you don't mind telling us, which consulate is requesting this document?

The sites you may be looking for are:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:I think you meant to type "certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana"

If you don't mind telling us, which consulate is requesting this document?

The sites you may be looking for are:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
That is what I put wasn't it not?

The consulate that is requesting this is the consulate in Toronto.

Thanks for those links! :)
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Graziella_2134 wrote:That is what I put wasn't it not?
Not quite! :)

Yours: certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana

Mine: certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:
Graziella_2134 wrote:That is what I put wasn't it not?
Not quite! :)

Yours: certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana

Mine: certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana
My bad typing skills...lol

I have another problem....that just came up today...

all'associazione italiani all'estero where do i find out about one of these?

and how i can get this : dichiarazione di abitare all'estero?


any help thanks :)
User avatar
Graziella_2134
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14

Re: Question requarding certificates

Post by Graziella_2134 »

Amantea comune gave my uncle certficiato storica di residenza do you think that would be good enough?

apparently, there is no such thing as certificato di trascorsco possesso della cittadinanza italiana.

my consulate is the Toronto Consulate.
Post Reply