Question requarding certificates
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Okay so now i can send that all in tomorrow...i finally have a day that i can go out to the post office on time.
Just one question is the province code the Codice Catastale?
Just one question is the province code the Codice Catastale?
Re: Question requarding certificates
No, that's something else. The province code is the two letter abbreviation for the province, which is shown next to "Provincia" for your comune on the comuni.it website.
Good luck!
Jerry
Good luck!
Jerry
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Oh okay thanks.
I sent my letter last week i think it was so hopefully they will get it and reply.

I sent my letter last week i think it was so hopefully they will get it and reply.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Question requarding certificates
another useful comuni site is www. nonsolocap.it and put in city,town or village name click cerca and up will come a website showing zip code, name of place, province and region. Click
on the place name and a website for the place will come up with www.tuttitalia.it............ scroll down to MUNICIPIO for address of Vital Stats (BMD certificates), Ufficio di Stato Civile, census etc.
=Peter=
on the place name and a website for the place will come up with www.tuttitalia.it............ scroll down to MUNICIPIO for address of Vital Stats (BMD certificates), Ufficio di Stato Civile, census etc.
=Peter=
~Peter~
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Need help on obtaining a Canadian Citizenship long form.
Hey Jerry, i finally got the paper from the comune today.
Now what is left is to find out about the Canadian citizien search letter. They want a long form but I haven't got a clue to how to get a long form with out my mom having to reapply again for a long form of a citizenship card. Which by the way costs about 78 dollars...
So now, I need help on obtaining the Canadian Citizenship long form.
Which not even service canada could answer me over the phone. Any help from anyone who had to get this is appreicated.
Please and thanks!
Now what is left is to find out about the Canadian citizien search letter. They want a long form but I haven't got a clue to how to get a long form with out my mom having to reapply again for a long form of a citizenship card. Which by the way costs about 78 dollars...
So now, I need help on obtaining the Canadian Citizenship long form.
Which not even service canada could answer me over the phone. Any help from anyone who had to get this is appreicated.
Please and thanks!
Re: Question requarding certificates
Congratulations, Graziella.
I didn't have to deal with the Canadian citizenship form, but I can tell you that the application form for recognition of citizenship, put out by the consulate in Vancouver, advises that this is how to get the document you need:
"By computer via the following website: www.cic.gc.ca – by telephone, an application will be mailed to you: (604) 666.2171"
If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting the consulate directly for more info.
Good luck,
Jerry
I didn't have to deal with the Canadian citizenship form, but I can tell you that the application form for recognition of citizenship, put out by the consulate in Vancouver, advises that this is how to get the document you need:
"By computer via the following website: www.cic.gc.ca – by telephone, an application will be mailed to you: (604) 666.2171"
If that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting the consulate directly for more info.
Good luck,
Jerry
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Okay, thanks I'll give it a try and see if that is good enough for them...
EDIT:
So I called yesterday and i got the information for getting a search letter, FINALLY, after going through service canada and getting : "I never heard of a search letter before" response from them. I was able to get through and talk to someone from canada immigration office...and they sent me a link with info on it regarding application for a search of citizenship records. ..
so i hope to send that in tomorrow
thanks jerry again.
I'll keep this updated...
EDIT:
So I called yesterday and i got the information for getting a search letter, FINALLY, after going through service canada and getting : "I never heard of a search letter before" response from them. I was able to get through and talk to someone from canada immigration office...and they sent me a link with info on it regarding application for a search of citizenship records. ..
so i hope to send that in tomorrow
I'll keep this updated...
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Update: I sent in the information Nov 18 2009 for the search letter and i'm still waiting.Graziella_2134 wrote:Okay, thanks I'll give it a try and see if that is good enough for them...
EDIT:
So I called yesterday and i got the information for getting a search letter, FINALLY, after going through service canada and getting : "I never heard of a search letter before" response from them. I was able to get through and talk to someone from canada immigration office...and they sent me a link with info on it regarding application for a search of citizenship records. ..
so i hope to send that in tomorrowthanks jerry again.
I'll keep this updated...
Anyone in canada that is looking for a search letter be aware that it takes 4 months for them to write it and send it to you.
I should get mine in march some time.
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Well it is may and I'm in Italy...and what i have now that is left is the Search Letter.
I had to send them my id , because they need that, and I guess i forgot to include that with my application. That was at the end of march so that probably delayed it longer...
maybe when i get back home in june i will have it.
Who knew that it takes longer on Canada's side to get a Search letter then it did to get my mom's birth certificate, from Italy.
I had to send them my id , because they need that, and I guess i forgot to include that with my application. That was at the end of march so that probably delayed it longer...
maybe when i get back home in june i will have it.
Who knew that it takes longer on Canada's side to get a Search letter then it did to get my mom's birth certificate, from Italy.
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Okay so...update.
When I retunred home I found the search letter in the my pile of mail. THANK GOD!!
Yesterday I went to the consolate they said that they need the certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana. One more document!!
I have some help from italy this time around...
I guess you can call him a boyfriend but he is going to mail the letter for me. I will write it up and then he will bring it to my zio and my zio will bring it to the comune.
so it will get there a bit quicker and possibly get done quicker.
now i have to find how to write a letter thought...I there a site that does it for you but I can't remember it and I don't even have it bookmarked.
does anyone know of this site?
When I retunred home I found the search letter in the my pile of mail. THANK GOD!!
Yesterday I went to the consolate they said that they need the certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana. One more document!!
I have some help from italy this time around...
so it will get there a bit quicker and possibly get done quicker.
now i have to find how to write a letter thought...I there a site that does it for you but I can't remember it and I don't even have it bookmarked.
does anyone know of this site?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Question requarding certificates
I think you meant to type "certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana"
If you don't mind telling us, which consulate is requesting this document?
The sites you may be looking for are:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
If you don't mind telling us, which consulate is requesting this document?
The sites you may be looking for are:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
That is what I put wasn't it not?johnnyonthespot wrote:I think you meant to type "certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana"
If you don't mind telling us, which consulate is requesting this document?
The sites you may be looking for are:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
The consulate that is requesting this is the consulate in Toronto.
Thanks for those links!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Question requarding certificates
Not quite!Graziella_2134 wrote:That is what I put wasn't it not?
Yours: certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana
Mine: certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
My bad typing skills...loljohnnyonthespot wrote:Not quite!Graziella_2134 wrote:That is what I put wasn't it not?
Yours: certificato di transcorso possesso della cittinanza italiana
Mine: certificato di trascorso possesso della cittadinanza italiana
I have another problem....that just came up today...
all'associazione italiani all'estero where do i find out about one of these?
and how i can get this : dichiarazione di abitare all'estero?
any help thanks
- Graziella_2134
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 02:14
Re: Question requarding certificates
Amantea comune gave my uncle certficiato storica di residenza do you think that would be good enough?
apparently, there is no such thing as certificato di trascorsco possesso della cittadinanza italiana.
my consulate is the Toronto Consulate.
apparently, there is no such thing as certificato di trascorsco possesso della cittadinanza italiana.
my consulate is the Toronto Consulate.
