USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

Donald66 wrote:Just sent an email to the USCIS along with a pdf copy of the G1041.

Thanks to all for the advice! :D
Got an e-mail response today....

They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!! :x :x
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

I'm going to re-order via the website & want to confirm....

I should order the Index search first.

When I get that response, I order the Record Request with Case ID?

Correct? :?:

The website mentions the USCIS will respond via e-mail or regular mail.

I assume the regular mail response is needed by the Consulate?
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

If you already know the "C" number (citizenship certificate number), you can skip the Index Search and go directly to the Records Request.

If you do not know the "C" number, well, that's what you hope the Index Search will turn up.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Mulé »

Donald66 wrote:Got an e-mail response today....

They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!! :x :x
Do you have proof of payment, canceled check or credit card record? Sucks to lose that much time, but I know the feeling. I had a cousin's wife who works for the courts "help" me, which set me back 1 whole year.
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:If you already know the "C" number (citizenship certificate number), you can skip the Index Search and go directly to the Records Request.

If you do not know the "C" number, well, that's what you hope the Index Search will turn up.
I dont have the "C" number, so I'll start with the Index search.
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

Mulé wrote:
Donald66 wrote:Got an e-mail response today....

They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!! :x :x
Do you have proof of payment, canceled check or credit card record? Sucks to lose that much time, but I know the feeling. I had a cousin's wife who works for the courts "help" me, which set me back 1 whole year.
I used a postal money order & cant find my copy.

It's just money! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Pastore
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 01 Feb 2008, 05:23
Location: Fishers, IN, USA
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Pastore »

Just wanted to give an update. I sent out my request Jan. 29. 2010 and received a Certificate of Non Existence of Records today, April 3, 2010. So around 8 weeks to get a result.
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

Donald66 wrote:I sent my request via the G-1041 form in August 2009 & havent gotten a response. Should I be making a request in writing to the Washington, D.C. address as noted above?? :oops:
Finally got my response on 7/2/10!!

Only a AR-2 file exists, now if I can only figure out how to order a copy on the USCIS website :x :x
User avatar
Mulé
Elite
Elite
Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Nov 2009, 18:38

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Mulé »

Donald66 wrote: Finally got my response on 7/2/10!!

Only a AR-2 file exists, now if I can only figure out how to order a copy on the USCIS website :x :x
Congratulations. It took me 3+ months almost to the day to get my AR2 record from USCIS. I ordered it online, requesting the AR2 record number. They found someone named the same as my person, but with a different record number than I requested, and sent me that person's AR2 and not the one I requested. Luckily I called them and got someone on the phone, they quickly, and I mean quickly, like 5 minutes, were able to look up the AR2 record by the number I provided, print and sent me a copy. Had the correct AR2 record in 3 or 4 days. Not sure why they don't hire more people to clear the backlog, temp workers, right? If it only took 5 minutes to do the lookup while I waiting on the phone, find the record, confirm facts to make sure record was correct person, etc, what takes so long?
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

Ordered the AR-2 file today. The wait begins.
User avatar
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:01
Contact:

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Donald66 »

Donald66 wrote:Ordered the AR-2 file today. The wait begins.
Got the file in today's mail. My grandfather completed the form in 1940 and listed that he was a citizen of Italy. My father was born in 1919, so everything is a GO!!

Will AR-2 file help with the consulate?
User avatar
cjperino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 17:05

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by cjperino »

Hi,

I was reading through this discussion board and my husband and I are also frustrated with the response time from USCIS Geneaology. I see that some people have recommended e-mailing to Genealogy.USCIS@dhs.gov. I've e-mailed them 4 times over the last few months to just get a case status update and to make sure my request was received, but I haven't gotten any feedback. How long should I wait before trying to submit my request again? We just need this one last document (the Naturalization Certificate) before we can apply for dual citizenship.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.
User avatar
Gianna75010
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by Gianna75010 »

I don't have it in front of me, but I know that there is a phone number for the USCIS Genealogy Program. I, too, did not get any response to emails so I called them directly. I know I got the number from their website, so it should still be there somewhere.
User avatar
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 212
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:29

Re: USCIS Index Search Received - Address to Use?

Post by jwazevedo »

This number was good when I used it in 2009:

816-350-5570

Good luck,
Jerry
Post Reply