Got an e-mail response today....Donald66 wrote:Just sent an email to the USCIS along with a pdf copy of the G1041.
Thanks to all for the advice!
They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!!
Got an e-mail response today....Donald66 wrote:Just sent an email to the USCIS along with a pdf copy of the G1041.
Thanks to all for the advice!

Do you have proof of payment, canceled check or credit card record? Sucks to lose that much time, but I know the feeling. I had a cousin's wife who works for the courts "help" me, which set me back 1 whole year.Donald66 wrote:Got an e-mail response today....
They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!!![]()
I dont have the "C" number, so I'll start with the Index search.johnnyonthespot wrote:If you already know the "C" number (citizenship certificate number), you can skip the Index Search and go directly to the Records Request.
If you do not know the "C" number, well, that's what you hope the Index Search will turn up.
I used a postal money order & cant find my copy.Mulé wrote:Do you have proof of payment, canceled check or credit card record? Sucks to lose that much time, but I know the feeling. I had a cousin's wife who works for the courts "help" me, which set me back 1 whole year.Donald66 wrote:Got an e-mail response today....
They have no record of my G1041 being submitted in August 2009!!!![]()
Finally got my response on 7/2/10!!Donald66 wrote:I sent my request via the G-1041 form in August 2009 & havent gotten a response. Should I be making a request in writing to the Washington, D.C. address as noted above??
Congratulations. It took me 3+ months almost to the day to get my AR2 record from USCIS. I ordered it online, requesting the AR2 record number. They found someone named the same as my person, but with a different record number than I requested, and sent me that person's AR2 and not the one I requested. Luckily I called them and got someone on the phone, they quickly, and I mean quickly, like 5 minutes, were able to look up the AR2 record by the number I provided, print and sent me a copy. Had the correct AR2 record in 3 or 4 days. Not sure why they don't hire more people to clear the backlog, temp workers, right? If it only took 5 minutes to do the lookup while I waiting on the phone, find the record, confirm facts to make sure record was correct person, etc, what takes so long?Donald66 wrote: Finally got my response on 7/2/10!!
Only a AR-2 file exists, now if I can only figure out how to order a copy on the USCIS website![]()
Got the file in today's mail. My grandfather completed the form in 1940 and listed that he was a citizen of Italy. My father was born in 1919, so everything is a GO!!Donald66 wrote:Ordered the AR-2 file today. The wait begins.
