Guzzo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Guzzo

Post by Tessa78 »

To post the full image to the forum, I save the image to my computer and then upload it to an image-sharing website such as photobucket.com

At photobucket you have the option to "share" the image by getting a "link". I choose the IMG link, copy it, and paste it in my post here at the forum.

As for the manifest...
Glad I could help you by providing another source document. I found it at Ancestry.com They have a free trial you might want to use to search the site for censuses, naturalization records, passport applications, etc.

What document are you looking at where you find Ma between the first and last names for Pietro?

T.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Guzzo

Post by liviomoreno »

kat7914 wrote:Was wondering what Ma after a male's name meant. Like Pietro Guzzo Ma


thanks,
Kathy
Image

Guzzo Pietro Maria

Often the name Maria was added as a second name to males.
User avatar
kat7914
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 04:00

Re: Guzzo

Post by kat7914 »

Wow, that is very interesting. Thank you for that info.

Kathy
User avatar
kat7914
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 04:00

Re: Guzzo

Post by kat7914 »

Why in the world would they add Maria to the end of a man's name?

I am getting so confused. I go around and around writing and rewriting the same information and not getting anywhere. Maybe it's time to put it all away till my head clears. I know my great grandfathers name and his wife's name but can't seem to find anything with any certainty any farther back.

Guess I'll never know.

Kathy A.
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Guzzo

Post by misbris »

It was not at all unusual for a man to be given the middle name of Maria. Don't let that throw you off track.

To go farther back, you have to check the Mormon microfilm or write to the town for records. When you are ready, we can help you through the process.
User avatar
kat7914
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 04:00

Re: Guzzo

Post by kat7914 »

Thank you misbris......I found microfilm once but not sure how I did it.

thanks,
Kathy
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Guzzo

Post by misbris »

These are the records available. You have to go into a center to order and view the films.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
User avatar
kat7914
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 04:00

Re: Guzzo

Post by kat7914 »

thank you. I printed out the film notes. It said there are 7 reels. I will look for a Mormon church but if I don't find one where I am, I KNOW there's one back at home and I know where it is. We'll be there in May.

thanks so much.
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Guzzo

Post by misbris »

Don't know where you live, but here is the link to find a center near you. Call them because their staff is limited, so hours change frequently.

Good luck :lol:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
User avatar
kat7914
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 14 Feb 2010, 04:00

Re: Guzzo

Post by kat7914 »

Tess78

You posted a picture of an ellis island manifest for me in this forum on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 am I cannot find that manifest. I've searched and searched. How did you find that?

Being this happened, I'm thinking I might be missing others, too.

Thanks,
Kathy Anderson
Post Reply