I agree with Ada.uantiti wrote:Hi,
the father's first name is clearly Agostino and surname looks "Tifabene" but this name doesn't exist in Italy now, it could have been mispelled.
The step brother's first name is Arduino and surname could be Lentini.
Ada
Help Reading this manifest
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Steps3,
I had the film. It apparently expired and I didn't renew it. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. It went back to Utah.
I hope to make it up to you with a future request.
Jim
I had the film. It apparently expired and I didn't renew it. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. It went back to Utah.
I hope to make it up to you with a future request.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Thanks Jim! I appreciate you taking the time to look...I don't suppose you have a film for 1877?
Re: Help Reading this manifest
I may still have that film. I have already been scolded for renting too many films at a time, but I think that is one that I put on permanent loan. How may I help you?
Jim
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
LOL...how many films do you have out? I've been researching the LDS on my end also....I found a phone number I can call to see how to get some films myself.... BUT for 1877 I am looking for the birth record of Errico Avventino born December 14, 1877 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere. (mind you, this is the ancestor with the name I am unsure as to being 100% correct...if the ship manifest deciphering is correct his name MAY have been Arduino Lentini) In your experience with these microfilms, are they in any order? For example can you scroll till you find the date and are all the babies born that date in order?
-Suzi
-Suzi
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Normally, that is correct as long as you can read the date in Italian and the hand writing. Sometimes different ledgers are not necessarily sequential, but it is manageable. One of my biggest problems has been using a date from U.S. and finding the birth act did not quite match that date. My ancestors were illiterate and it seems the birth date was frequently not that important to worry about accuracy.
I might be able to look for your Errico on Tuesday. I will keep the variations in mind.
Jim
I might be able to look for your Errico on Tuesday. I will keep the variations in mind.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
The surname looks like Cofabene to me. (First name Agostino)
I think the first letter is a C.
If you look at the line above it, to the right, you will see a capital T. And looking on the same line to the left and again to the right, is capital C. To me, it looks more like a C than a T.
I think the first letter is a C.
If you look at the line above it, to the right, you will see a capital T. And looking on the same line to the left and again to the right, is capital C. To me, it looks more like a C than a T.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Hi Suzi,
I hope this is the record you are seeking. I have to admit that it looks like "Emmo".
Let me know. I can send the scan to you by e-mail.
Jim
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_001.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_002.jpg
I hope this is the record you are seeking. I have to admit that it looks like "Emmo".
Let me know. I can send the scan to you by e-mail.
Jim
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_001.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_002.jpg
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
- uantiti
- Elite

- Posts: 405
- Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
- Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy
Re: Help Reading this manifest
The name is Emma and it's a girl. Reading the document on the second page, towards the middle, it says "feminine" and the names given are Emma Fiorenza Gabriella. I didn't read the whole document as it's small and dark but if necessary I can try and find other details.oilman19 wrote:Hi Suzi,
I hope this is the record you are seeking. I have to admit that it looks like "Emmo".
Let me know. I can send the scan to you by e-mail.
Jim
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_001.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... co_002.jpg
Ada
Re: Help Reading this manifest
I guess maybe I found the wrong record. It was extremely difficult to read on the microfilm reader, but the date was close so I grabbed it. Back to the films.
Jim
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Thank you for your help Ada. No wonder it looked like Emmo. I was unable to read anything in the body of the document using the microfilm reader. The name looked close so I grabbed it.
Suzy, I'll be looking at films tonight. Maybe I'll find the right record.
Jim
Suzy, I'll be looking at films tonight. Maybe I'll find the right record.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Hi Suzy,
I struck out in 1877. I found nothing that resembled that name. I will check 1878 when time permits.
Jim
I struck out in 1877. I found nothing that resembled that name. I will check 1878 when time permits.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Help Reading this manifest
Thank you for checking Jim! I was hoping but as I said before I was worried this Aventino was not a valid name.
My best bet is probably going to be in 1905 with a marriage record for Caterina Mauro--hopefully there is one even though it wasn't marked on her birth record.... Are you having luck finding YOUR family?
Re: Help Reading this manifest
If you have been reading my most recent posts, I finally found a birth act for my GGM's brother, which finally provided a link to my tree for much info I have been sitting on, just knowing I would connect it someday. Some of the info I have had for at least 6 months, and finally got to fill it in. Not only that, but it gave me another group of cousins to pursue here in U.S.
So, yes, I have been fortunate recently, and I attribute much to the wonderful genealogists on this forum. They are the best.
Regarding your relative, I did find 2 Errico"s, but neither seemed to fit the picture. I'll keep looking.
Jim
So, yes, I have been fortunate recently, and I attribute much to the wonderful genealogists on this forum. They are the best.
Regarding your relative, I did find 2 Errico"s, but neither seemed to fit the picture. I'll keep looking.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.



