Laura
italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Grazie Riccardo per l'utilissima segnalazione...
Laura
Laura
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
piacere mioa
ciao Riccardo
ciao Riccardo
pink67 wrote:Grazie Riccardo per l'utilissima segnalazione...![]()
Laura
- ddevirgilio
- Rookie

- Posts: 40
- Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 20:50
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
I just want to thank you, Ricardo, for supplying this link. I learned of it in this other thread.
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to research my great grandfather named Ezaia or Isaiah Costa, died in 1915 and I believe he's from Milan. My grandfather never mentioned how/why he died but I've always suspected in WW1. He was married to a Lodomilla Mazzuchelli (1863-1943) from Milan (immigrated in 1920 and died in Cleveland, Ohio).
Although I am 2nd generation Italian-American, I do not write in Italian so my options are limited from what I read here concerning writing to Italy.
Any leads you might be able to suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Al
Although I am 2nd generation Italian-American, I do not write in Italian so my options are limited from what I read here concerning writing to Italy.
Any leads you might be able to suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Al
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Small factoid: Italy lost nearly as many civilians in WWI as she did military personnel 589,000 vs. 651,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
I did think of that, but since he died in 1915, that was only at most 6 months into the war. If he was actually in the army, he would have been involved in the early battle of the Isonzo River (Jun-Dec).johnnyonthespot wrote:Small factoid: Italy lost nearly as many civilians in WWI as she did military personnel 589,000 vs. 651,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties
Al
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
The battles on the Isonzo River were 12.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
alanohio wrote:I did think of that, but since he died in 1915, that was only at most 6 months into the war. If he was actually in the army, he would have been involved in the early battle of the Isonzo River (Jun-Dec).johnnyonthespot wrote:Small factoid: Italy lost nearly as many civilians in WWI as she did military personnel 589,000 vs. 651,000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties
Al
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Hello, I suggest you to send an email to Mr. Nicola Fontana, archivist of Rovereto war musem. He keeps the list of WW1 italian death soldiers
write this way
Re: Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915 - da Milano
"Egregio sig. Fontana,
mi chiamo (your complete name) e scrivo da (town, country and state where you live).
Desidero sapere se nella Albo d'oro della Lombardia, esistono informazioni sul mio bisnonno:
Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915, nato a Milano
Rimango in attesa di riscontro e porgo distinti saluti
(your complete name)
write this way
Re: Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915 - da Milano
"Egregio sig. Fontana,
mi chiamo (your complete name) e scrivo da (town, country and state where you live).
Desidero sapere se nella Albo d'oro della Lombardia, esistono informazioni sul mio bisnonno:
Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915, nato a Milano
Rimango in attesa di riscontro e porgo distinti saluti
(your complete name)
alanohio wrote:Not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to research my great grandfather named Ezaia or Isaiah Costa, died in 1915 and I believe he's from Milan. My grandfather never mentioned how/why he died but I've always suspected in WW1. He was married to a Lodomilla Mazzuchelli (1863-1943) from Milan (immigrated in 1920 and died in Cleveland, Ohio).
Although I am 2nd generation Italian-American, I do not write in Italian so my options are limited from what I read here concerning writing to Italy.
Any leads you might be able to suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Al
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Riccardo, thank you so much for your guidance AND the document! It is greatly appreciated 
Al
Al
ricbru wrote:Hello, I suggest you to send an email to Mr. Nicola Fontana, archivist of Rovereto war musem. He keeps the list of WW1 italian death soldiers
write this way
Re: Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915 - da Milano
"Egregio sig. Fontana,
mi chiamo (your complete name) e scrivo da (town, country and state where you live).
Desidero sapere se nella Albo d'oro della Lombardia, esistono informazioni sul mio bisnonno:
Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915, nato a Milano
Rimango in attesa di riscontro e porgo distinti saluti
(your complete name)
alanohio wrote:Not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to research my great grandfather named Ezaia or Isaiah Costa, died in 1915 and I believe he's from Milan. My grandfather never mentioned how/why he died but I've always suspected in WW1. He was married to a Lodomilla Mazzuchelli (1863-1943) from Milan (immigrated in 1920 and died in Cleveland, Ohio).
Although I am 2nd generation Italian-American, I do not write in Italian so my options are limited from what I read here concerning writing to Italy.
Any leads you might be able to suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Al
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
it is my pleasure, let me know when you receive his reply
bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo
alanohio wrote:Riccardo, thank you so much for your guidance AND the document! It is greatly appreciated
Al
ricbru wrote:Hello, I suggest you to send an email to Mr. Nicola Fontana, archivist of Rovereto war musem. He keeps the list of WW1 italian death soldiers
write this way
Re: Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915 - da Milano
"Egregio sig. Fontana,
mi chiamo (your complete name) e scrivo da (town, country and state where you live).
Desidero sapere se nella Albo d'oro della Lombardia, esistono informazioni sul mio bisnonno:
Ezaia o Isaia COSTA morto nel 1915, nato a Milano
Rimango in attesa di riscontro e porgo distinti saluti
(your complete name)
alanohio wrote:Not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to research my great grandfather named Ezaia or Isaiah Costa, died in 1915 and I believe he's from Milan. My grandfather never mentioned how/why he died but I've always suspected in WW1. He was married to a Lodomilla Mazzuchelli (1863-1943) from Milan (immigrated in 1920 and died in Cleveland, Ohio).
Although I am 2nd generation Italian-American, I do not write in Italian so my options are limited from what I read here concerning writing to Italy.
Any leads you might be able to suggest would be greatly appreciated.
Al
- Sanguinetti
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 21:22
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
How do I find a list of soldiers that participated in WWI but not died?
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Well, there is not list of soldiers that partecipated but not died.
Because we are talking about 6 - 7 million young italian guys who had to leave for WWI.
650.000 didn't come bakc home, and a couple of millions came home with wounds.
What are you looking for?
please let me know, happy to help you
bye riccardo
Because we are talking about 6 - 7 million young italian guys who had to leave for WWI.
650.000 didn't come bakc home, and a couple of millions came home with wounds.
What are you looking for?
please let me know, happy to help you
bye riccardo
Sanguinetti wrote:How do I find a list of soldiers that participated in WWI but not died?
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
Thank you so much for the link! I found a man who is very likely my cousin. Do you have any advice on how to find men who survived WWI? I have an uncle (Michele Maietta) who was in WWI. All I know is that he was wounded and was awarded two medals. Any advice on finding him would be great.ricbru wrote:Well, there is not list of soldiers that partecipated but not died.
Because we are talking about 6 - 7 million young italian guys who had to leave for WWI.
650.000 didn't come bakc home, and a couple of millions came home with wounds.
What are you looking for?
please let me know, happy to help you
bye riccardo
Sanguinetti wrote:How do I find a list of soldiers that participated in WWI but not died?
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
well if you have the infos about him, I can help you to write to defense ministry and it will give you the all infos about the two medals
bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo
Re: italian soldiers died in WW1 and WW2
That would be great. His name is Michele Maietta, born 1885 in the Comune of Marcianise. I'm not sure what years he was in the war....I know he went back to Italy in 1915. Where would I go from here?ricbru wrote:well if you have the infos about him, I can help you to write to defense ministry and it will give you the all infos about the two medals
bye Riccardo
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
