Sarseiao

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Sarseiao

Post by maestra36 »

Just a note-Italy is on a 24 hour clock. So this is 1 a.m. and not p.m.
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Sarseiao

Post by chrisdamato »

I was hoping it would be a photocopy of the actual birth certificate indicating his parents names (which I have) and some additional information. I guess my hopes were a bit higher.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Sarseiao

Post by maestra36 »

I do all of my own research from microfilmed state civil records of my various ancestral towns, so the copies I get from microfilm are copies of the original records. When you mail order for records, you need to ask for one of the following types of records:

Estratto per Riassunto Per Atto di Nascita (gives father’s full name and mother’s full name (includes her maiden name)

Copia Integrale dell’atto di Nascita (or Matrimonio or Morte)-photocopies of original registry pages of birth, marriage, divorce, and death. These copies of original records are often difficult, but not impossible, to read
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Sarseiao

Post by chrisdamato »

Does that mean there is no way I can find out more information about his parents?
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Sarseiao

Post by maestra36 »

anagrafe.santarsenio@asmepec.it

This is an email address for the town. If I were you I would send them an email and ask for the information which does not appear on the extracted copy. I am sending you a private message.

Otherwise, you will need to write via snail mail again to request one of the two types of records I mentioned in my previous post and I am now repeating:

The Copia Integrale, it is my understanding, is a word for word copy of the original record. It is handcopied normally from the original document, containing everything in the original document. Sometimes the original is photocopied and you receive a photocopy of the original.

The Estratto per Riassunto should have the parents' names on it, including the mother's maiden name. This will be an extracted record having a little more information than the one you received, but it will not be a copy of the original record and contain everything that was in the original record.
User avatar
chrisdamato
Elite
Elite
Posts: 277
Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Sarseiao

Post by chrisdamato »

Thank you
Post Reply