Teggiano Baptism Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
jevans
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 00:00

Teggiano Baptism Record

Post by jevans »

My great-great-grandfather was born in Teggiano I believe. I wrote the commune but they did not have his birth record. As he was born around 1850 I think that there may be no civil record but there might be a church record of baptism. However, I am unsure of who to write..
http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/diocese/dtepo.html
On this page it gives an address of "Piazza IV Novembre 1, 84039 Teggiano [Salerno], Italia" Does this seem to be the best bet?

Thank you!
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Teggiano Baptism Record

Post by Italysearcher »

there are several parishes in Teggiano.
See http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=
For addresses.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
lucia.fusco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Sep 2010, 07:21

Re: Teggiano Baptism Record

Post by lucia.fusco »

This post is for Jevans, I'm Lucia from Teggiano, and I have many relatives in the Usa, if you want to know something about Teggiano and some relative of yours perhaps I can help you! I'm sorry for my English! My email is :simpaticacanaglia@tim.it
Post Reply