Death Certificate vs Death Record
- ericderrico
- Rookie

- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 23:06
- Location: United Kingdom
Death Certificate vs Death Record
From what I have been told by the Miami Consulate's website, records need to be in long form, including Death Records that include the parents' names. For my GGF originally from Italy, I have his Certificate of Death from the mortician/doctor, but not the long form with his parents' names. Would this be acceptable or should I pay vital records in New Jersey for the longer Death Record?
Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record
yes. contact jersey and get the long form. its a must
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record
Only a long form is accepted because it receives a raised seal from the state. A genealogical record wont be accepted and cant get apostille seal either
- ericderrico
- Rookie

- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 23:06
- Location: United Kingdom
Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record
Oddly enough there is a raised seal on the Death Certificates, but I'll go ahead and the record from New Jersey anyway just to be certain.
Thanks!
Thanks!