Death Certificate vs Death Record

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 23:06
Location: United Kingdom

Death Certificate vs Death Record

Post by ericderrico »

From what I have been told by the Miami Consulate's website, records need to be in long form, including Death Records that include the parents' names. For my GGF originally from Italy, I have his Certificate of Death from the mortician/doctor, but not the long form with his parents' names. Would this be acceptable or should I pay vital records in New Jersey for the longer Death Record?
User avatar
mike123
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 64
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 01:37

Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record

Post by mike123 »

yes. contact jersey and get the long form. its a must
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Only a long form is accepted because it receives a raised seal from the state. A genealogical record wont be accepted and cant get apostille seal either
User avatar
ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2010, 23:06
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Death Certificate vs Death Record

Post by ericderrico »

Oddly enough there is a raised seal on the Death Certificates, but I'll go ahead and the record from New Jersey anyway just to be certain.

Thanks!
Post Reply