Towns in Caulonia
Re: Towns in Caulonia
To post the manifest you could use an imagesharing site like www.imageshack.com
browse to find your document
click "upload"
then copy the "direct link" code and paste it in your post...
As for the SSN...
I would usually appear on the death certificate, or you can check the SSDI at this site...
http://genealogy.about.com/od/vital_records/a/ssdi.htm
T.
browse to find your document
click "upload"
then copy the "direct link" code and paste it in your post...
As for the SSN...
I would usually appear on the death certificate, or you can check the SSDI at this site...
http://genealogy.about.com/od/vital_records/a/ssdi.htm
T.
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Hi Tessa, I found Vincenzo's ship manifest on the Ellis Island website, but it won't let me copy and paste it here. Here's the info from his initial arrival (it looks as though he came over at least twice):
First Name: Vincenzo
Last Name: Ali
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place Of Residence: Italy (on the manifest itself, it says Caulonia)
Date Of Arrival: March 22, 1893
Age At Arrival: 27y
Gender: M
Marital Status:
Ship Of Travel: Alesia
Port Of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0271
First Name: Vincenzo
Last Name: Ali
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place Of Residence: Italy (on the manifest itself, it says Caulonia)
Date Of Arrival: March 22, 1893
Age At Arrival: 27y
Gender: M
Marital Status:
Ship Of Travel: Alesia
Port Of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0271
Lynne
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Here you go Lynn, for Ellis Island manifests you only need to copy the address of the manifest from the address bar on the site
Valarie
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0271
---
Hi T!
Valarie
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0271
---
Hi T!
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Lynne
Another thought
Have you tried the current White Pages
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
37 folks with the Ali surname near Caulonia (Ali in the name box, Caulonia in the 'Where' box)
Valarie
Another thought
Have you tried the current White Pages
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
37 folks with the Ali surname near Caulonia (Ali in the name box, Caulonia in the 'Where' box)
Valarie
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Thanks for posting the link, Valarie! You sure made it look easy!vj wrote:Here you go Lynn, for Ellis Island manifests you only need to copy the address of the manifest from the address bar on the site
Valarie
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0271
---
Hi T!
As far as contacting other Ali's in the area, I did write to a Vincenzo Ali almost two years ago, but never got a reply. I even enclosed a self-addressed envelope and stamps, too.
Lynne
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Hi Lynne
Yes there is a way
(this website shortens long links automatically)
Click on the link
Look at the top part of the screen, you should see the link's address in your address bar
You can right click on it and copy it from your address bar to wherever you want
If you want a smaller image you can save to your computer, this is from ancestry. com
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4973/1893x.jpg
(same process to copy the link)
Valarie
Yes there is a way
(this website shortens long links automatically)
Click on the link
Look at the top part of the screen, you should see the link's address in your address bar
You can right click on it and copy it from your address bar to wherever you want
If you want a smaller image you can save to your computer, this is from ancestry. com
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4973/1893x.jpg
(same process to copy the link)
Valarie
Re: Towns in Caulonia
OK, I give up, Valarie...my brain is not working today. I'm trying to save it to an ancestry picture folder. How do I save it to this folder?! Help!
Lynne
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Hey Lynne!
It depends on your computer
This should work. If it doesn't PM me an email address and I'll send you the link on email
- click on the link
- when the image loads, can you right click on the image and get an option
to "save picture as"
- if you have this option, save it on your desk top and then move it to your ancestry folder later
It depends on your computer
This should work. If it doesn't PM me an email address and I'll send you the link on email
- click on the link
- when the image loads, can you right click on the image and get an option
to "save picture as"
- if you have this option, save it on your desk top and then move it to your ancestry folder later
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Yay! It worked using the imageshack link! Thank you, Val! (Okay, I'm now moving away from the computer)...but I know I'll be back later! LOL!
Lynne
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Hi Tessa, I checked the SSDI (the link you posted above...thank you!) for Vincenzo's social security number, but it is not listed. Since I am not the spouse, parent or child of Vincenzo, is it still possible for me to order a copy of his death certificate? If so, what is the best way to go about it? He died on 2/18/1952 in Syracuse, New York and is buried at Assumption Cemetery in Syracuse.Tessa78 wrote:As for the SSN...
I would usually appear on the death certificate, or you can check the SSDI at this site...
http://genealogy.about.com/od/vital_records/a/ssdi.htm
T.
Lynne
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Hi Lynne 
Read you PM and had to re-acquaint myself with the thread... sorry for the delay.
If the death certificate is on file for more than 50 years, you should be OK to order it. Inside that time, you need to be a direct-line decedant.
Here is the website
http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_rec ... ealogy.htm
T.
Read you PM and had to re-acquaint myself with the thread... sorry for the delay.
If the death certificate is on file for more than 50 years, you should be OK to order it. Inside that time, you need to be a direct-line decedant.
Here is the website
http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_rec ... ealogy.htm
T.
Re: Towns in Caulonia
Thanks for the link, Tessa. Looks like that's my next step. Wish me luck. 
Lynne

