Towns in Caulonia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by Tessa78 »

To post the manifest you could use an imagesharing site like www.imageshack.com
browse to find your document
click "upload"
then copy the "direct link" code and paste it in your post...

As for the SSN...
I would usually appear on the death certificate, or you can check the SSDI at this site...
http://genealogy.about.com/od/vital_records/a/ssdi.htm

T.
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

Hi Tessa, I found Vincenzo's ship manifest on the Ellis Island website, but it won't let me copy and paste it here. Here's the info from his initial arrival (it looks as though he came over at least twice):

First Name: Vincenzo
Last Name: Ali
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place Of Residence: Italy (on the manifest itself, it says Caulonia)
Date Of Arrival: March 22, 1893
Age At Arrival: 27y
Gender: M
Marital Status:
Ship Of Travel: Alesia
Port Of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0271
Lynne
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by vj »

Here you go Lynn, for Ellis Island manifests you only need to copy the address of the manifest from the address bar on the site
Valarie

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0271
---

Hi T!
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by vj »

Lynne

Another thought

Have you tried the current White Pages
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html

37 folks with the Ali surname near Caulonia (Ali in the name box, Caulonia in the 'Where' box)

Valarie
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

vj wrote:Here you go Lynn, for Ellis Island manifests you only need to copy the address of the manifest from the address bar on the site
Valarie

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0271
---

Hi T!
Thanks for posting the link, Valarie! You sure made it look easy! :wink: Is there a way for me to copy this to my computer? I tried, but it's not working...maybe I'm doing something wrong...

As far as contacting other Ali's in the area, I did write to a Vincenzo Ali almost two years ago, but never got a reply. I even enclosed a self-addressed envelope and stamps, too. :(
Lynne
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by vj »

Hi Lynne
Yes there is a way
(this website shortens long links automatically)

Click on the link
Look at the top part of the screen, you should see the link's address in your address bar
You can right click on it and copy it from your address bar to wherever you want

If you want a smaller image you can save to your computer, this is from ancestry. com
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4973/1893x.jpg
(same process to copy the link)

Valarie
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

OK, I give up, Valarie...my brain is not working today. I'm trying to save it to an ancestry picture folder. How do I save it to this folder?! Help!
Lynne
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by vj »

Hey Lynne!

It depends on your computer

This should work. If it doesn't PM me an email address and I'll send you the link on email

- click on the link
- when the image loads, can you right click on the image and get an option
to "save picture as"
- if you have this option, save it on your desk top and then move it to your ancestry folder later
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

Yay! It worked using the imageshack link! Thank you, Val! (Okay, I'm now moving away from the computer)...but I know I'll be back later! LOL!
Lynne
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

Tessa78 wrote:As for the SSN...
I would usually appear on the death certificate, or you can check the SSDI at this site...
http://genealogy.about.com/od/vital_records/a/ssdi.htm

T.
Hi Tessa, I checked the SSDI (the link you posted above...thank you!) for Vincenzo's social security number, but it is not listed. Since I am not the spouse, parent or child of Vincenzo, is it still possible for me to order a copy of his death certificate? If so, what is the best way to go about it? He died on 2/18/1952 in Syracuse, New York and is buried at Assumption Cemetery in Syracuse.
Lynne
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Lynne :-)

Read you PM and had to re-acquaint myself with the thread... sorry for the delay.

If the death certificate is on file for more than 50 years, you should be OK to order it. Inside that time, you need to be a direct-line decedant.

Here is the website
http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_rec ... ealogy.htm

T.
User avatar
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Towns in Caulonia

Post by lynnef »

Thanks for the link, Tessa. Looks like that's my next step. Wish me luck. :wink:
Lynne
Post Reply