No Record Found from USCIS

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

SChiarini,

I have sent out 2 requests for an amended letter to Mike Quinn and one new request for a No records found (with the correct wording in line 4). I don't know what else to do. I tried calling the general information number but they were no help.

So even with your supporting documents, the Consulate would not accept the USCIS letter as is? That is concerning me very much. Is that the only item holding you up?

I don't know why it's taking so long for a response that does not require an additional search.
Drew
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 06:15

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by SChiarini »

Drew,

Even with the supporting documents the Consulate in NY said that I would need to get the new letter. I also am waiting on an amended birth certificate, those are the only two discrepancies the consulate had with my application (very surprised) however, these seem to be the hardest ones!

I am not sure why it is taking so long for a response either, when I sent my first request for the old letters back in April/May they came right away.

I'm assuming maybe since I didn't send enough supporting documents he just didn't/won't send the new letter out? I have read on the board that some people have received their new letters within a months time?

Stephanie
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

Stephanie,

I sent in copies of 4 different county clerk letters and the NARA letter and I'm still waiting. There has to be a phone number to the records office. Even if we can't get Mike Quinn on the phone, there has to be someone to speak with who can look into this matter for us. I am continuing my search for a contact. If I find something, I will certainly pass it along.
Fortunatly, I still have some time but the days are ticking by.

Drew
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 06:15

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by SChiarini »

Yes, please let me know if you hear anything! I will do the same!

Stephanie
User avatar
lowlight
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Nov 2010, 04:59

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by lowlight »

Hey,
I skipped over much of this thread but wanted to add that Mike Quinn is no longer running the show. The new person is: Magda S. Ortiz. Somehow I was able to get an amended letter back in a flash but if you see my other post, alot of good it did me. Also, I heard that all further 'non existence" letters from homeland security will have the proper wording the first time. Hope you have better luck.
LL
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 06:15

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by SChiarini »

Thanks for the update LL.

Do you know if I should send the request to the same address?

Stephanie
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

That is good info, Thanks.

I have sent for a completely new letter so i hope this one is correct.
Drew
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

Good News!! I recieved my amended letter today!! Signed by Mike Quinn.
I guess they are just backed up.

Drew
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 06:15

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by SChiarini »

Drew,

I actually received a letter today as well, however it is the SAME exact letter.... there were no amendments made??? It is the same exact letter I sent -- and they did not add the last line about the ancestor not becoming a US citizen?? What the heck?

Maybe I am wording the letter wrong?
jennabet
Master
Master
Posts: 1396
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 20:28
Location: Ancestral Homeland - Abruzzo Italy

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by jennabet »

I have received the correct letter from USCIS and I also have letters from the local courts indicating the ancestor never naturalized. Why must I have something from NARA as well? If it's absolutely necessary, how do I get this letter from NARA? Please advise. Grazie.
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

Jennabet,
The NARA info can be found at this site:

http://www.archives.gov/northeast/nyc/
Drew927
Elite
Elite
Posts: 261
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 18:24

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Drew927 »

Stephanie,
I sent you a PM.
Drew
User avatar
Gianna75010
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Gianna75010 »

Hi All.

I, too, am still waiting for my USCIS letter of non-existence which I requested in the beginning of September. I just mailed a follow-up letter to Mike Quinn but now it looks like Magda S. Ortiz is in charge. What is her address? My appointment is in 2 weeks so I'm starting to worry that I won't get the letter in time. Anyone have any advice?

Gianna
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 95
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 06:15

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by SChiarini »

Gianna,

I would take whatever letter it is that you have, and if they tell you that you need the new wording, tell them you sent away for it and it should be coming any day. In NY they took my letter but told me I would have to get a new one. You can always mail it back to them or drop it off when you get it.
User avatar
Gianna75010
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41

Re: No Record Found from USCIS

Post by Gianna75010 »

Unfortunately, I haven't received any letter yet from USCIS. I have the ones from NARA and the County, but the USCIS hasn't responded. I just wish there was someone I could call to follow-up with. Is there a phone number for the Operations Department?
Post Reply