Passenger ships' manifests

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

Hi!
If it helps, there's additional background information on this older post
Valarie
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... art=0.html
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

Maria Giuseppa (Cardone?) Ricciardelli

For reference
Gaetano's mother's 1913 manifest
last residence Accadia
born in Sant'Andrea di Conza, Province of Avellino, Region Campania

30 Oct 1913
line 29
page 1
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2682/1913b.jpg
page 2
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9923/191301.jpg
---

address for her records

Comune di Sant'Andrea di Conza
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Largo Castello
83053 Sant'Andrea di Conza (AV)
ITALY
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by maestra36 »

Thanks, Valarie, for the additional information.
Peg
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

Hi Peg :D !
Interesting comune for Gaetano's mother
Valarie
User avatar
brianna
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 19:29

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by brianna »

You guys are good!!

That's my great-grandmother. Mary Josephine Ricciardelli. I knew that my grandfather had sent for her and his 2 sisters Vincenza & Carmella around 1910-1913.
His older sister, Clara, came with him in 1905 and, I understand, died shortly after arriving to the USA.

Can't make out how old Maria was when she arrived in the US. Looks like the pen slipped when it was being written.

Thanks for your help.

If only I can find my grandfather's manifest record.

Brianna
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

brianna wrote:...Can't make out how old Maria was when she arrived in the US...
Hi
she should be 57 years old
born abt 1856
User avatar
brianna
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 19:29

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by brianna »

Thanks Val,
You/ve helped me quite a bit since I started this project in 2008.








Thanks Val,
I really appreciate the effort you have put into finding my family history since I started in 2008.
You know where to go to get the facts.
I also appreciate the help of many others like Peg.

Have a Merry Christmas and, Happy New Year.

Brianna








i really appreciate the effor
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

Thank you for your note Brianna
We all appreciate it

No doubt many of us have written ourselves a note to keep checking on your grandfather and his sisters' manifest(s)
It's just a matter of time before they're found
You may want to also try your g-grandmother's comune for your grandfather's birth record - you never know :wink:
Merry Christmas!
Valarie
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by maestra36 »

Unbelievable that you found that manifest for the mother, Valarie. I had to look at it a few times and, if you hadn't said what line she was on, I never would have realized that that was the same surname we were researching.
Good work! And, that is some town name. I had never heard of it before, but now we both know it.
Peg
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Passenger ships' manifests

Post by vj »

Hi Peg :D
I remember looking for her manifest several times before
Not sure what was different yesterday, maybe just really lucky
Valarie
Post Reply