Yes.VittorioE wrote:Question ... is your name hyphenated on your birth certificate?
Commune doesn't like my last name?
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Nothing? what do you guys think?
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Have you received any official instructions about this or a rejection in writing? Is the consulate telling you that your name is unacceptable or the comune? I believe that according to specific guidelines, you must be informed in writing when there are problems/deficiencies with your case (and within a set period of time, too). Once you have an official rejection or instructions then you can try to find and use the Italian laws on the books in re to naming of children, the guidelines for transcription of names into records (stato civile), etc.. to support your case. Sometimes people have had to produce the paperwork (guidelines/laws) to set the comune straight, or consular officials.Marco925 wrote: I have a Hyphenated name and the Commune doesn't seem to want to accept it.
If this doesn't work, you can always try applying in Italy in a more case-friendly comune.
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
No, the commune is terrible with communication, the consulate seemed to accept it just fine, but the commune caused the problem, i had to drive all the way to toronto just to find out this because Nobody communicates with me. My mom and brother have received it from verifying. but i'm the one with the different last name.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
I haven't had this problem myself, so I'm no expert on this, but I think - worse comes to worse - you'll end up with your dad's last name only for official Italian purposes and your hyphenated name in Canada. I don't see them denying you citizenship on these grounds.
And, I feel for you on the lack of communication, maddening at times, no?
And, I feel for you on the lack of communication, maddening at times, no?
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Extremely. a town of 3000 people, you would expect they wouldn't be so busy to give me a shout.
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Hey guys bit of an update, I decided to run by the consulate today in Toronto another time to see what was going on as they told me they would call me, but they never did (not surprised)
It turns out the appeal i sent last time Worked.
I Now am carrying my passport WITH the hyphenated name. No amendments and stuff. however you guys were very helpful.
I now have closure in this part of my life. Thank You Everyone!
It turns out the appeal i sent last time Worked.
I Now am carrying my passport WITH the hyphenated name. No amendments and stuff. however you guys were very helpful.
I now have closure in this part of my life. Thank You Everyone!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Great news, Marco. Glad to hear it all worked out for you!
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
Congratulations! You received a nice Christmas present from Italy.
Re: Commune doesn't like my last name?
troyjaco-
I sent you a pm
qnana
I sent you a pm
qnana


