I am searching the background for my grandfather in Italy.

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
wellspark
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Dec 2010, 03:02

I am searching the background for my grandfather in Italy.

Post by wellspark »

My grandfather was born in Italy. We cannot read the city on the cetficiate we have. It starts out Nica...tlo. I thought it might be in Sicily but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what city or town this might be?

thank you
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital

Post by misbris »

hi and welcome to the forum,

Check out this site.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_f ... oni_ni.htm
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital

Post by liviomoreno »

If you post the certificate we can try to decipher the town name.
User avatar
wellspark
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Dec 2010, 03:02

Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital

Post by wellspark »

liviomoreno wrote:If you post the certificate we can try to decipher the town name.
I don't have a copy anymore. we always thought he was from Southern Sicily. He last name was Filino. Not sure if that is the correct spelling.

Thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital

Post by suanj »

I know that in Nicastro ( Catanzaro, Calabria, IT) are the surname FELINO... it is possible that the original surname spelling was Felino and not Felino? you can say us the full name and more details?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply