My grandfather was born in Italy. We cannot read the city on the cetficiate we have. It starts out Nica...tlo. I thought it might be in Sicily but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what city or town this might be?
thank you
I am searching the background for my grandfather in Italy.
Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital
hi and welcome to the forum,
Check out this site.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_f ... oni_ni.htm
Check out this site.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_f ... oni_ni.htm
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital
If you post the certificate we can try to decipher the town name.
Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital
I don't have a copy anymore. we always thought he was from Southern Sicily. He last name was Filino. Not sure if that is the correct spelling.liviomoreno wrote:If you post the certificate we can try to decipher the town name.
Thanks
Re: I am searching the background for my grandfather in Ital
I know that in Nicastro ( Catanzaro, Calabria, IT) are the surname FELINO... it is possible that the original surname spelling was Felino and not Felino? you can say us the full name and more details?
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

