U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
carmine1917
Elite
Elite
Posts: 269
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
Location: New York

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by carmine1917 »

Interesting, about 2 weeks ago I was looking at this on family search and it was redirecting to Fold3, which was footnote, ancestry owns it now and it is not free. Now I am on the family search site and can't find it.
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by lilbees »

Go to Ancestry.com. Look in their card file. They have the listings there. But, they only go through the letter M at this point, at least for the State of Illinos. I haven't checked the other states as yet.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
carmine1917
Elite
Elite
Posts: 269
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
Location: New York

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by carmine1917 »

I have the family members I can find. I was looking around for some relatives that would be part of the old man's registry, but I was getting redirected to Fold3, they didn't have them either. It says some states are not complete, so that is the problem I have.
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by lilbees »

My apologies for my earlier statement. I should have said the WWII I was looking at is on Family Search. And yes, it is the old mans registry.

https://familysearch.org/search/collect ... on/1861144

There is another one that you can browse images.

https://familysearch.org/search/collect ... on/1339071

Click on United States, then click on United States in the State colmum. There are quite of few listings for various military actions.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
carmine1917
Elite
Elite
Posts: 269
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
Location: New York

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by carmine1917 »

I wish I could remember what I was looking at on familysearch that redirected me to Fold3, maybe it was naturalization.
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by lilbees »

Carmine, still can't type right. I meant WW II. Sorry.

I think you are right about the naturalizations. When I was searching that was my first exposure to Fold3. I didn't realize it had changed its name.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
carmine1917
Elite
Elite
Posts: 269
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
Location: New York

Re: U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Post by carmine1917 »

Yes, and on ancestry they are redirecting to Fold3 also. Fold3 has the same stuff it had 3 years ago. The 1910 and 1920 census are still not fully uploaded, buyer beware :)
Post Reply