Need help on this place name in Italy or Switzerland

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
trevisan2
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
Contact:

Need help on this place name in Italy or Switzerland

Post by trevisan2 »

I have a great Aunt Maria Laggioio?
Born Dec 19, 1886 in Legnago.

I need to verify the spelling of her maiden name.
Then the name of her grandfather fu ?? what does that say.

http://imageshack.com/a/img827/2614/hgk1.jpg

Then for years I heard that her two children Francesco and Lina were born in Switzerland.

But I just found her passaporto and the birth place lists as something like Lvrirra or Lvrrera.
Where is this place located and how is it spelled.

http://imageshack.com/a/img40/1698/umww.jpg

Regards,
Trevisan2
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Need help on this place name in Italy or Switzerland

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Her name is Maria Saggioro
Daughter of Luigi and the late Domenica (I guess - it's cut off) Toigo.

That is what it looks like to me anyway.

In the second image, I don't think the name of the town starts with an L, I think it is possibly an S but not sure what the town is, sorry.
Angela
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need help on this place name in Italy or Switzerland

Post by liviomoreno »

The name of your great aunt is Maria Saggioro, daughter of Luigi (father) and deceased Domenica Toigo

The birth place in the second image is Svizzera = Switzerland, her two kids have their father surname: Benetti

Sorry, Angela, I did not see your post
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Need help on this place name in Italy or Switzerland

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:The name of your great aunt is Maria Saggioro, daughter of Luigi (father) and deceased Domenica Toigo

The birth place in the second image is Svizzera = Switzerland, her two kids have their father surname: Benetti

Sorry, Angela, I did not see your post
No problems! At least we agree :D I was actually going to go see if I could find the town in Switzerland. Well done.

Angela
Post Reply