How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by adelfio »

No age just says she was nubile(never married) and a minor under 21

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by adelfio »

She was 20 yrs old abt 1862
vbmdita1860_2162932-1176.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
brenta
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 22:30
Location: London

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by brenta »

Thank again Marty that's so helpful. I think I may have found another daughter they had too. He must have got married again very quickly after his first wife died as he has a daughter with my GG grandmother just two years later!
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by adelfio »

The more I look its the name looks like Maria Instoni

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
brenta
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 22:30
Location: London

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by brenta »

That would make sense in terms of some of the Ancestry entries. I will see if I can track down when she died. Do you know if it would have been usual for the children to stay with the father and new wife?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:The more I look its the name looks like Maria Instoni

Marty
I am seeing the surname as Iustoni - found in Province of Como :-)

T.
paola52
Elite
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 13:47
Location: Varese, Italy

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by paola52 »

Another daughter of Battista Brenta and Maria (I read Iustoni too, a very unusual surname)
Marta Maria
Marries Giovanni Battista Riva (son of Giuseppe and Maria Bonacina, residing in Rancio) 27 Apr 1881. She was aged 26, so born about 1855
http://interactive.ancestry.it/1197/vbm ... turnRecord
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
brenta
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 22:30
Location: London

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by brenta »

Thanks Paola I was just looking at her too. So hard as so many of the names are the same to work out which ones belong to your tree!
brenta
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 22:30
Location: London

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by brenta »

Would it be very unusual to marry at 15 in Italy? I have Ugo and Maria marrying in London first when she was 15 years old and then again in Italy shortly afterwards. 15 seems awfully young so I'm wondering if that dates are wrong. Is there anything helpful on here?

Thank you so much

Kate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paola52
Elite
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 13:47
Location: Varese, Italy

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by paola52 »

The Pubblicazioni for the marriage of Battista and Vittoria Teresa Meneghini, at the Comune of Sondrio, residence of the bride, confirm that Battista's first wife was indeed Maria Iustoni, and that she died 27 Aug 1864
Vittoria Teresa was born in Sondrio 3 Jun 1840
Battista was born in Domaso 2 Oct 1836
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350270901
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
brenta
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 22:30
Location: London

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by brenta »

Thank you so much Paola that's really helpful information.

Thank you

Kate
paola52
Elite
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 13:47
Location: Varese, Italy

Re: How do I find siblings of great grandparents

Post by paola52 »

:D Happy to help
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Post Reply